by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – The deciding game of this series better have something good in store. Because Saturday’s game offered plenty. Houston beat Amory 3-2 in nine innings to force a third and deciding game in the Class 4A first round baseball series. Game 3 is scheduled for Monday at 6 [...]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Sports News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
by Brett Brown NEMS Daily Journal BASEBALL (MHSAA Playoffs) Class 1A TCPS 9, Ingomar 7 Series tied 1-1 Thrasher 14, Houlka 4 Thrasher wins series 2-0 Smithville 10, Falkner 0 Smithville wins series 2-0 Greenville St. Joe 11, Myrtle 1 St. Joe leads 1-0 Class 2A Hatley 4, Strayhorn 3 Hatley wins series 2-0 East [...]
by Melissa Meador Monroe Journal AMORY – In a battle of solid starting pitching, it was Amory’s Tanner Poole who came out on top on Thursday night, striking out six in a 3-0 shutout of Houston. Poole (6-3) allowed three hits and worked out of having a pair of runners on twice to give his [...]
Scores from Thursday, May 2: BASEBALL (MHSAA Playoffs) Class 1A Ingomar 4, Tupelo Christian 3 Thrasher 11, Houlka 6 Class 2A Baldwyn 10, Simmons 0 Hatley 12, Strayhorn 1 Calhoun City 20-6, O’Bannon 2-0 Class 3A Kossuth 5, Winona 3 Mooreville 13-6, Charleston 0-0 Class 4A Amory 3, Houston 0 Tishomingo Co. 1, Cleveland [...]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal It is technically the first round of the 2013 MHSAA state baseball playoffs, but Amory and Houston probably feel like they’re prepping for a North finals series. The two 4A contenders will play a best-of-three series beginning tonight in Amory to determine who goes on and who goes [...]
Houston jamboree When: May 17 What time: Begins at 5:30 p.m. Who: Houston, New Albany and Shannon Where: Topper Field in Houston How Much: $5 admission Format: Two regulation quarters versus each team; no special team or kicking except PAT with no rush. Okolona jamboree When: May 10 Where: Charles Faulkner Field in Okolona Who: [...]
Scores from Monday, April 29 Baseball Alcorn Central 4-8, Mantachie 3-4 Softball Corinth 11, Caledonia 1 North Pontotoc 9, Germantown 7 Kossuth 8-5, Mantachie 13-2 Hatley 9, Strayhorn 1 Vardaman 11, Wheeler 1.
Scores from Friday, April 26: Posted on April 26, 2013 by NeMissPreps — No Comments ↓ Baseball MHSAA Playoffs (first round) Class 1A Houlka 18, Shaw 5 Falkner 11, West Union 9 TCPS 18-16, Ray Brooks 0-0 Myrtle 9, Wheeler 5 Class 2A East Union 11, Potts Camp 1 Class 3A Mantachie 5, Alcorn Central 4 Water Valley 1, Belmont [...]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The Houlka Lady Wildcats jumped out to an early lead over Myrtle in game one of 1A playoffs, but the Lady Hawks dug in for the long haul and pulled off the 6-5 win. The Lady Hawks went three-up, three down in the first two innings behind [...]
Boy’s track 100m First, Marquez young Fourth, Nick Cooper 200m First, Nate Freeman Third, Nick Cooper 400m Third, Lawrence Gladney Fourth, Austin Jones 800m Third, Jonathan Huffman Fourth, Will Daniel 1600m Second, Conner Davidson Fourth, Jarrett Davidson 3200m Third, Jarrett Davidson Fourth, Parker Easterwood Shot Put Second, Devahn Fields Third, Vaccarick Vance Discus Second, Q [...]
On the road to the playoffs Local teams trying to advance another round By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The road to playoffs officially opened for traffic last weekend as the Vardaman Lady Rams and Houlka Lady Wildcats entered the play-in round in fast-pitch softball, but the pathway to State will have to be [...]
By Dennis Clayton and Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal VARDAMAN – Vardaman’s Lady Rams erupted for five runs in the top of the first inning and took an important game one win over Ingomar’s Lady Falcons by a 12-3 score. Vardaman batted around in the first and scored the five runs with one out. Whittney Gee [...]
Scores from Saturday, April 20: Baseball Amory 5, Nettleton 3 Booneville 11, East Union 6 Belmont 7, TCPS 2 Saltillo 9, Mooreville 0 Tishomingo County 4, Corinth 0 Softball Vardaman 12, Ingomar 3 Jumpertown 17, Ethel 0 Myrtle 6, Houlka 5 Hamilton 4, New Site 3 Booneville 11, Water Valley 1
Scores from Friday, April 19: Baseball Hatley 4, Hamilton 3 Baldwyn 2, East Union 1 Belmont 5, Kossuth 4 Walnut 9, Middleton, Tenn. 4 Booneville 14, Saltillo 4 Pontotoc 12, Shannon 3 Softball Jumpertown 20, Ethel 10 Booneville 13 Water Valley 2 Houston 13, South Pontotoc 1 Tennis New Albany 6, Corinth 1 POWER [...]
- Houlka’s Sneed pleased with spring furniture market moving to January May 11, 2013
- Fatality reported in Wednesday night accident May 16, 2013
- Walk to the future begins May 16, 2013
- Pontotoc authorities searching for Houston man May 16, 2013
- Civic duty May 16, 2013
- Okolona’s Edens paces MSU at NCAA golf regionals May 18, 2013
- Wilson Craig May 18, 2013
- Vernon Mooneyham May 18, 2013
- Houston Lady Toppers need two wins today May 18, 2013
- Harper shuts down East Webster Lady Wolverines May 18, 2013
- Brenda Summers: R.I.P. my brother, JL Wofford, he was a beautiful ...
- Jeanette Marsh: What is the scheduled date of opening. There have...
- air jordan 2 u: Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Really G...
- William Brownlee: To Whom this may concerns, My name is William Bro...
- C Jackman: Sorry for the loss of your loved one. May the Alm...
Northeast Mississippi's news source
Tweeting since April 20, 2009
- What to watch for at the Preakness, includes Orb's Mississippi connection http://t.co/glnooNH3vq 4 hours ago
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot http://t.co/9Fd8wCR0mV 4 hours ago
- Man arrested in Texas for 1962 death of La. woman http://t.co/e33Bt6zMHw 3 hours ago
- State Drug Court conference to be held in Tunica http://t.co/03wfRmuL8l 3 hours ago
- Oxford mayor counters challenger’s issues http://t.co/a7syQzWRIo 2 hours ago