Hey Chickasaw County, renew your subscription or start one and you could win two tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies-Utah Jazz. Text your name and address to 662-419-1127 to place your order and get entered into the drawing. These are floor seats valued at $332 each.
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Sports News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
Five area student athletes made the cut to advance from the recent regional powerlifting events. Houston High School will send four students on to North Half in Amory. Jered Bean placed third in the 114-pound weight class while Jalon Gates placed second in the 123-pound weight class. Tony Parker took top honors in the 165-pound […]
As basketball season hits the North Half stretch, local baseball and softball teams are working toward a seven-inning stretch. Several teams participated in area jamborees last weekend to get their feet back on the grass for the spring season. Hilltoppers finding a fit The Houston boys headed to Pontotoc and battled Kossuth and Pontotoc in […]
The third time was not a charm for the Lady Toppers as they finished up their season in the first round of district tournament. The Houston girls drew Kosciusko for the opener, a team they had split games with during the regular season. But the Lady Toppers met an improved Whippet team Feb. 18, according […]
Hilltopper Classic March 1 11 a.m. Houston vs. Booneville 1:30 p.m. Potts Camp vs. Booneville 4 p.m. Houston vs. Potts Camp Lady Topper Classic March 1 9 a.m. Houston JV vs. Vardaman JV 10 a.m. Vardaman vs. Pontotoc 11:20 a.m. Pontotoc JV vs. Houston JV 12:20 p.m. Vardaman vs. Houston 1:40 p.m. Pontotoc vs. West […]
A second place showing at North Central Tournament put the Hebron Lady Eagles on their way to State and their first game could have been a major stumbling block. The Lady Eagles were slated against first-seeded Delta Academy to begin their journey. “They were the number-one seed and everyone thought they were supposed to beat […]
Registration for Houston City League base/softball will end this week. Parents may register players weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at City Hall in Houston. The final registration will be held Saturday, March 1 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. A birth certificate is required for each player, even if they have played previously. […]
The Houlka Fall Sports banquet was held in January with recognition plaques awarded to the members of the cheer squad. Several performance awards were presented to members of the football team. Q Beaty, Defensive MVP Sawyer Byars, Coaches Award Josh Clair, Best Lineman Tyreque Reed, Mr. Versatility Anthony Boyd, Most Improved James Buggs, Offensive MVP […]
Okolona basketball seniors, along with family members, were recognized Feb. 13 during the Okolona/East Webster game. Senior Chieftains include, from left, Jawuaza Bowens, Curtis Green, Cyrus Kyles, Jacolbi Heard, Justin Ward and Jay Collins.
“I’m very excited about it,” said Okolona’s Jacolbi Heard after signing a letter of intent to play football with East Mississippi Community College. Heard split time as a quarterback, running back and receiver for the Chieftains, bascially playing where he was most needed at the time. The Chieftains made the first round of playoffs in […]
Senior members of the Lady Wildcat team, along with family members, were recognized during the Houlka/Pontotoc game Feb. 14. Senior players include, from left, Saydee Moss, Jesse Moore and Jamesha Word.
Senior members of the Wildcat basketball team, along with family members, were recognized during the Houlka/Pontotoc game Feb. 14. Senior members include, from left, Larry Jones, James Buggs, Titus White, Josh Clair, Craig Peden, Dillon Easley and Tevin Deale.
Sharamij Berry was spotted on the floor at the Houlka/Pontotoc basketball game Feb. 14 showing how to do it “Gangnam Style.” Berry is a fourth grade student at Houlka Attendance Center and performed his act in a recent talent show at the school.
The Wildcats wrapped up the regular season Feb. 14 in non-divison play against Pontotoc, taking a 56-64 loss, but getting in some good practice for the upcoming district tournament. The 1A Wildcats put up a good fight against the 4A Warriors, trailing by only four at the break. “They played pretty good,” said coach Jimmy […]
- Extension gives out 1,600 trees March 3, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: A dog named Sunday March 6, 2014
- Virginia Dopson March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 9 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 9 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 9 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 9 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 9 months ago