Dear Editor, When it comes to the future of my children and your children and grandchildren, the choice is easy: I’m voting for Initiative 42. Passage of Initiative 42 is the only way our schools will finally received the funding the promised 18 years ago. It’s outrageous that we’ve had to wait this […]
Archive | Opinion RSS feed for this section
Opinion of the Monroe County Journal
The Chickasaw Journal and newspapers across Northeast Mississippi that are part of Journal Publishing Inc., is highlighting Breast Cancer Awareness this month. Your Chickasaw Journal is publishing pages with breast cancer news and information every Wednesday this month in an effort to highlight a disease that will be diagnosed in 207,090 women for the […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Below are some facts about the American Cancer Society and breast cancer. We encourage you to send them to friends and family. These facts demonstrate the work the American Cancer Society has accomplished with other organizations and remind us that together we can create a world with […]
In less than a week, members of the Houston Solar Car Team will embark on an epic adventure in Australia, representing Northeast Mississippi halfway across the globe. Fourteen students departed last week for the first leg of a trip that has them chasing the sun west to Australia to compete in the World Solar Car […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Women can live in fear of breast cancer or they can get informed and take measures to stop breast cancer before it starts or at least catch it in the early stages when it can be most effectively treated. Women should talk with their doctor about […]
For years conservative friends have asked whether social liberals really believe what they say. Yes, they do. They claim to be more open-minded and more intellectually astute. But their ideology has nothing to do with logic and everything to do with worshipping and protecting sacred political issues. Abortion is perhaps the most sacred […]
The dirty little secret of so-called “higher education” is that a substantial part of a typical course of instruction in American colleges is almost or nearly worthless. The demands of the marketplace are such that the college must hurry their customers (a more apt term than “students”) through with a degree […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal TROY, ALA. – Houlka nativeJeremy McClain , who was recently appointed Troy University’s Athletics Director, knows firsthand that it take a village to raise a child. McClain and the Trojans will be coming from the next village over, in Troy, Ala., […]
Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Historical markers can be found across Mississippi and Chickasaw County, but how do they get there and who puts them up? Chickasaw Historical and Genealogical Society invites the public to attend a meeting, at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 15, at the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum, […]
Our world and particularly American culture has moved toward mediocrity over the past decades as we simply sit back and enjoy the fruits of the greatest economy in the greatest country on earth. We are glad to recognize the Houston Solar Race Team as a group that has refused to accept average […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The front-door to Houston got a little prettier and nicer to look at over the weekend. More than two dozen volunteers showed up for a work day Saturday morning with young and old, black and white, rich and well, not so rich, rolling up their […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – A teacher with the Chickasaw County School District has had allegations of sexual misconduct with a student leveled at him and was arrested last week. Brodrick Hutchins with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigations has filed documents in Chickasaw County Circuit Court seeking the probable cause hearing after he […]
The U.S. Department of Interior and National Parks Services has named the Tanglefoot Trail as one of 10 in the nation to be designated as a National Recreation Trail. It has been named one of the Top 10 Attractions by the Mississippi Tourism Board and was recently honored as a “50 Hidden Gems Across America” […]
Do you like making a dollar? That’s a question every American can truthfully answer without one bit of guilt or shame. This country and this community was founded by capitalist who spotted an opportunity, put the wheels in motion and carried the proceeds from their labor to the bank. That opportunity comes to Houston this […]
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago