PITTSBORO – Clemmie Ella Crew, 105, died Saturday, March 29, 2014, at Bruce Living Center. She was born Feb. 7, 1909, in Calhoun County the daughter of James H. Cook and Alice Armanda Davis Cook. She was a housewife and member of Westside Baptist Church. Services will be 2 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, at Pryor […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
HOUSTON – Marcella Nell Smith Sykes, 88, died Monday, March 24, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born Oct. 5, 1925, to James Jackson Smith and Mollie Mae Neal Smith. She was a retired store owner and a member of Parkway Baptist Church. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 29, […]
OKOLONA – Leedell Ward died Saturday, March 29, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
OKOLONA – Aeria Gunn Whitley, 75, died Friday, March 21, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Nov. 13, 1938, to Guss Gunn and Willie Lee Wise Gunn. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church, where she was missionary president, and choir and kitchen committee member. She was noted for her […]
EVANSVILLE, Ind. – Avaleigh Claire Tutor, infant daughter of Ashlee N. Bales and Bramlitt Lee Tutor, passed away Monday, March 24, 2014, at The Women’s Hospital in Newburgh, Ind. She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Arthur White, James Bales, Lewis Crowley; and great-grandparents, Charlotte White and Frank White. In addition to her parents, […]
NETTLETON – Hattie L. Carouthers, 79, died Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born May 23, 1934, to Earvin and Tessie Carouthers. Service will be at noon Saturday, March 29, at New Zion Church in Van Vleet with Pastor Odell Barnes officiating. Burial will be in the Mt. […]
OKOLONA – James Amer “Lil Sista” Braylock, 69, died Monday, March 24, 2014, at her home at Wren. She was born July 3, 1944, to Louise Smith Braylock and the late James Braylock. She was a member of Union Grove and a homemaker. She enjoyed taking care of grandchildren. Services will be at 3 p.m. […]
NEW ALBANY – Frances Louise Lyons Brown, 88, died Tuesday, March 25, 2014, at Graceland Care Center in New Albany. She was born Dec. 24, 1925, to Walter Hollis Lyons and Vera Garrett Lyons of Ingomar. She was a member of Ingomar Baptist Church. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 27, at United […]
HOUSTON – John Mason Turman, 85, died Saturday, March 22, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Memorial Funeral Home.
WEST POINT – Sonny Andrew Quinones, 11, passed away on Thursday, March 20, 2014, at Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children in Jackson. He was born Feb. 4, 2003, in West Point, the son of Crystal West. He was a third grade student at Hebron Christian School near Pheba. He loved life. He loved the […]
VARDAMAN – Donnie Lee Johnson, 65, died Saturday, March 22, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 20, 1948, in Vardaman. He was a member of the Vardaman United Methodist Church in which he served as a member of the church administration board and as a church representative of the Calhoun County Cluster. He […]
OKOLONA – Theda Edwards Sandlin, 78, died Thursday, March 20, 2014, at her residence following an extended illness. She was born Jan. 18, 1936, in Marshall County to Lelon Edwards and Jarohn Alderson Edwards. She married Carlton Laverne Sandlin on Oct. 18, 1952, and they owned and worked at Sandlin’s Service Station in Okolona for […]
PONTOTOC – Larry L. McDonald, 60, passed away Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at his home. He was a lifelong resident of Pontotoc. He was a beloved father, brother, son and friend to many. He had a great love for his horses and motorcycles. He was a master brick mason. He never missed an opportunity to […]
WOODLAND – Bobby R. Dobbins, 73, died Thursday, March 20, 2014, at his home in Woodland. He was born Sept. 29, 1940, in House, Miss., to Woodrow Wilson Dobbins and Audrey Mae Wilkerson Dobbins. He was a retired 35- year professional truck driver for Miller Transport. He and his wife, Jewell, celebrate their 54th wedding […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Cleo Boyce April 22, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 11 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 11 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 11 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 11 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 11 months ago