WOODLAND – James David Hill, 88, died Sunday, March 16, 2014. He was born Oct. 12, 1925, in Chickasaw County to Leo Hill and Virgie Bell Lucious Hill. He was a member of VFW, and a member and deacon of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. He also served on the Soil Conservation Board. Services were 2 p.m. […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
CALHOUN CITY – Arlene Genet Hodges Barton, 79, died Saturday, March 15, 2014, at Hermitage Gardens in Oxford. She was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Bentley to William Hodges and Arlene Christopher. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Calhoun City. She is survived by her husband, Glenn Barton of Oxford; sons, Tommy […]
BRUCE – Travis Dale Malone, 73, died on Friday, March 14, 2014, at his residence. He was born on Dec. 18, 1940, in Calhoun County to Renzie Poynor Malone and Sarah Crocker Malone, who preceded him in death. He was a retired business owner of Calhoun County Oil and Slate Springs Glove. He served in […]
CORINTH – Aileen Moore, 88, died Thursday, March 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a brief illness. She was born in Shannon to Tom E. and Myrtle Lee Phillips Moore. She was a longtime resident of Okolona where she worked as a seamstress at Delta Manufacturing. She later moved to Corinth and was […]
WEST POINT – Rowena “Cooter” Doss Davidson, 88, died Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her home in the Brand community. She was born Dec. 6, 1925, to George Butler Doss and Cinderella Parker Doss. She was a member of Union Baptist Church in Brand. She had a passion for people. Services will be at 1 […]
COFFEEVILLE – James Earl “Jimmy” Morgan, 52, died Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at his home. He was born April 1, 1961, in Lambert, the son of Delma Earl Morgan and Janice Steed Lafayette. He was a self-employed roofer. Survivors include one daughter, Cecily Nicole Haley of Big Creek; one son, James Chase Morgan of Oxford; […]
WEST POINT – Jesse William Harmon, 93, passed away on Monday, March 10, 2014, at Dugan Memorial Home. He was born Aug. 9, 1920, to Elizabeth Beckham and Jesse Milton Harmon. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy who served in World War II on the USS Terror and was a deep sea diver and mine sweeper. He […]
WOODLAND – Esther Ruth Grisham Eaton, 68, died Monday, March 10, 2014, at her residence. She was born March 13, 1946, in Clarke County to Otha Felton Grisham and Dorthy Napp Grisham. She attended Amity Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, March 13, at Memorial Funeral Home in Houston with Bro. Walter […]
CHARLESTON – Lottie Booth Perry, 42, died Monday, March 10, 2014, in Oxford. She was born Aug. 19, 1971, in Clarksdale, and was the daughter of Janet Booth Griffin of Pensacola, Fla., and Dewayne and Carmen Booth of Houston. A 1989 graduate of Charleston High School, she was a 2001 graduate of Northeast College in […]
OKOLONA – Claude C. Johnson, 59, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born July 1, 1954, to Rachael Johnson and the late Gladist Johnson. He was a former employee of Whites Manufacturing and Rose Hill. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at Mt. Calvary Outreach Ministries […]
BRUCE – Shunta R. Evans, 50, died Friday, Feb. 28, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 8, at Jackson Chapel M.B. Church in Bruce. Burial will be in the Zion Springs Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge. Visitation will be […]
HOUSTON – Virginia Dopson, 88, died Monday, March 3, 2014, at Floyd Dyer Manor. She was born June 14, 1925. She was a retired Registered Nurse with the civil service and U.S. Air Force nurse at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi. Graveside services will be held at Mobile Memorial Gardens on Friday, March 7, […]
CALHOUN CITY – Pervie LaDale “”Dale”” Weeks, 76, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born May 31, 1937, in Slate Springs to Leroy Weeks and Ouida Latham Weeks. He was a retired chief investigator for the State of Mississippi. He was a member of Bethany Baptist Church […]
OKOLONA – Claude Johnson, 59, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at the North Mississippi Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona. Visitation will be Friday at the funeral home. Related articles Billie Griffin Velma Williams Bluesman’s son wins custody of photos, profits Cynthia Gordon
- Toppers host Knights Friday April 17, 2014
- No charges for Pontotoc deputy in Beale Street shooting April 15, 2014
- Houlka VFD seeks firefighters April 15, 2014
- Houston Heat crawfish boil April 18 April 15, 2014
- Patricia Clements April 15, 2014
- Toppers host Knights Friday April 17, 2014
- Gwendolyn Shipp April 17, 2014
- Wolves start week clean April 17, 2014
- Herron places fourth at State April 17, 2014
- 3 dead in Nettleton shooting: Altercation at plant leads to street gunfire April 17, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 10 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 10 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 10 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 10 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 10 months ago