PONTOTOC – Clara Mae Young Campbell, 96, passed away Tuesday, May 20, 2014, in Pensacola, Florida. She was born Aug. 25, 1917, in Foulke, Arkansas, and was a member of Buckhorn Church of Christ. A graveside service was held Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Pontotoc Memorial Garden. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc was in […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
HOUSTON – Maggie B. Baskin Bafford, 67, died Monday, May 19, 2014 at her residence. She was born May 18, 1947, in Chickasaw County to Willie Baskin and Maggie Matthews Baskin. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church, Houston. She was a former employee of Burris and Cooper Tire. She was a 1965 […]
ABERDEEN – The Rev. James Ronald “Ron” Williams, 77, died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo following a brief illness. He was born in Aberdeen on May 10, 1937, to Luther Williams Sr. and Ruby Sanders Williams. At an early age, he moved to Okolona where he attended the public […]
TUPELO – William Evans “Bull” Doss, 57, died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at his home.He was born Nov. 2, 1956, in Houston to John William Doss and Betty Jo Prescott Doss.Services will be 10 a.m. Saturday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Bobby Brock officiating. Burial will follow at Macedonia Cemetery in […]
CALHOUN CITY – Donald Lee Goodson, 58, died Thursday, May 15, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 1, 1955, in Vardaman to James Washington Goodson and Wilma Christian Barbee Goodson. He was a customer service employee for Med-Life in Calhoun City and a member of New Gauley Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
CALHOUN CITY – Willie Q. Frazier, 56, died Sunday, May 18, 2014, at Calhoun City Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
TUPELO – Aline McFarland Cunningham, 87, died Monday, May 19, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice in Tupelo. She was formally of Houston. She was born April 25, 1927, in Orange County, Texas, to Jay Hugh Davis McFarland and May Maddy McFarland. She was a homemaker. She was a member of First Baptist Church, […]
HOUSTON – Maggie B. Baskin died Monday, May 19, 2014, at her residence. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
HOUSTON – Robert E. “R.E.” Vance, 83, of Houston, died Friday, May 16, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born April 6, 1931, in Clay County to Frank Burkett Vance and Mary Elizabeth Walls Vance. He was a retired fitting welder for B&W, a member of Macedonia United Methodist Church, a Purple Heart recipient […]
WEST POINT – Thomas G. Osborne, 75, passed away Friday, May 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 29, 1938, in Calhoun City the son of William Gates “Buddy” and Ora Fay Chrestman Osborne. He was a Baptist and an industrial plumber. He was a United States Army veteran of the Vietnam […]
PONTOTOC – Mickey Quinton Munlin, 59, of Pontotoc, passed away Friday, May 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born in Pontotoc and graduated in 1973 from Pontotoc High School. He spent the last 17 years working for Pontotoc County. He enjoyed playing cards, pool and dominos with his friends at […]
PHEBA – Polly Gibson Millsaps, 95, passed away Friday, May 16, 2014, at her residence in Pheba. She was born Oct. 26, 1919, in Pheba, the daughter of William Columbus and Myrtle Kimbrell Gibson. She was a member of Pheba United Methodist Church. She was a cafeteria worker in Clay County High School for a […]
DORSEY – Bobby Traylor died Friday, May 16, 2014, at Community Hospice in Verona. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
HOUSTON – Dorothy Virginia Thomas, 83, died Saturday, May 17, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services. She was born Nov. 26, 1930, to James Alferd Branch and Dovie Thomas Branch in Chickasaw County. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church in Houston. Services will be 2 p.m. Monday, May 19, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel […]
- When seconds count October 13, 2014
- HOUSTON HOMECOMING QUEEN 2014 October 16, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Art in the Park October 17, 2014
- Crowds pack Cornbread Festival October 17, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Power of Pink October 20, 2014
- Molly May faces breast cancer head on October 20, 2014
- Pharr/Hollingsworth October 19, 2014
- Hankins/Akins October 19, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago