WEST POINT – Tommy L. Rushing, 75, passed away on Sunday, April 21, 2013, at Community Hospice at Darlington Oaks in Verona. He was born Oct. 18, 1937, in Cleveland to Ora Rebecca Burgess and William Tommy Rushing. He worked in janitorial for the Blazon Tube Corporation for 25 years. He was of the Pentecostal [...]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
CEDAR BLUFF – Pauline “Polly” Williams, 75, passed away on Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Medical Center-GT in Columbus. She was born Aug. 21, 1937, in West Point to Sarah Elizabeth Arick and Tom Lee Williams. She had worked at Kroger as a deli manager for 11 years. She was a member of [...]
PITTSBORO – Frances Lucille Head Watson, 96, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at Bruce Community Living Center. She was born Feb. 21, 1917, in Dale, Okla., to John Roy Head and Bessie Bell Head. She was a retired employee of Kellwood and a member of Duncan Hill Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. [...]
HOULKA – Clarcy Loreane Wilson, 83, passed away on Sunday, April 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a member of Hebron Baptist Church and a lifelong resident of Houlka. Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Dean Moody will officiate. Burial will [...]
WEST POINT – Curtis Orman, 87, died Sunday, April 28, 2013, after an extended illness. He was reared on a farm, served in the Navy and worked in maintenance at Babcock & Wilcox in West Point. He was a member of Calvary Baptist Church. He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Virginia; sons, [...]
HOUSTON – Howard Glen White, 84, died Thursday, April 25, 2013. He was born Sept. 14, 1928, in Clay County to Alvie Ardell White and Artie “Kidie” Elizabeth Vaughn White. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He was a rural mail carrier. He was the owner and operator of White’s Dept. Store [...]
BRUCE – James Henry Mills, 82, passed away on Monday, April 22, 2013, at Bruce Community Living Center in Bruce. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Double Springs M.B. Church in Slate Springs. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Carter Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation [...]
ST. LOUIS – Darlinda Barr Franks, 58, died Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in St. Louis, Mo. She was born Feb. 9, 1955, to Milton Barr and the late Maxine Clopton Barr. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church after moving to St. Louis. She joined Union Sinai M.B. Church. She was a graduate [...]
WEST POINT – John Clifton Gable, 78, passed away on Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House, in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 13, 1935, in Vardaman to Mattie Virginia McCullough and Waites Gable. He was a member of First United Methodist Church. He worked with USF&G Insurance Company for 36 years as an [...]
TUPELO – Qamaria Sunshine Stepanie Malone, 26 weeks, died Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at the Women’s Hospital in Tupelo. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. today at Zion Spring M.B. Church Cemetery in Okolona. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of the arrangements. She is survved by her parents, Quentin and [...]
WEST POINT – Jean Jones Clardy, 58, passed away on Friday, April 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Oct. 16, 1954, in Oktibbeha County to Gloria Tyler Wells and Oneal Jones. She was a waitress working for the Tin Lizzie, Main Street Market, the Windmill and Moore’s restaurants. [...]
HOUSTON – Debra Cook, died Sunday, April 21, 2013. She was born April 19, 1953, in Houston to John Brassfield and Bobbie Mae Dotson Brassfield. She was a homemaker and affiliated with the Nazarene Church. Services are at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston, with Bro. Scott Samuell officiating. Burial is at [...]
VARDAMAN – Elbert Lee Moore Jr., 86, died Sunday, April 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora.He was born Oct. 18, 1926, in Calhoun County to Elbert L. Moore Sr. and Irene Spencer Moore. He was a retired farmer and a World War II Navy veteran. He is survived by his sons, Madie [...]
VARDAMAN – Jason Bradley Holder, 36, died Saturday, April 20, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born March 31, 1977, in Houston to Johnny Holder and Cathy Shinall Blackwelder. He is survived by his father, Johnny (Beverly) Holder of Vardaman; mother, Cathy (Larry) Blackwelder of Pittsboro; sister, Michelle (Keith) Gaskin of Pittsboro; [...]
- Harper shuts down East Webster Lady Wolverines May 18, 2013
- Willie Owens May 21, 2013
- Runoff election final results 2013 May 21, 2013
- Okolona students take safe driving lessons May 22, 2013
- Edith Clement May 22, 2013
- Virginia Chrestman May 24, 2013
- Billy S. Davis May 24, 2013
- City tables school board appointment May 24, 2013
- Lesson for life May 23, 2013
- FLOYD INGRAM: A big day for a man with big plans May 23, 2013
- Brenda Summers: R.I.P. my brother, JL Wofford, he was a beautiful ...
- Jeanette Marsh: What is the scheduled date of opening. There have...
- air jordan 2 u: Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Really G...
- William Brownlee: To Whom this may concerns, My name is William Bro...
- C Jackman: Sorry for the loss of your loved one. May the Alm...
Northeast Mississippi's news source
Tweeting since April 20, 2009
- Pontotoc City Schools hire new administrators | Pontotoc Progress http://t.co/K8o08Yxs70 48 mins ago
- Chick-fil-A, two other restaurants opening in North Mississippi Medical Center « Biz Buzz Blog http://t.co/jkIt11eq1f 11 mins ago
- Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrests Aberdeen man on cocaine charge | Monroe Journal http://t.co/xK0DBBEkvB 24 mins ago
- Lee County shooting victim taken to hospital http://t.co/E3aIIPtDhq 29 mins ago
- ERROL CASTENS: Watergate yielded a gift http://t.co/OkRuvfF2hB 4 hours ago