HOUSTON – John Mason Turman, 85, died Saturday, March 22, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Memorial Funeral Home.
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
WEST POINT – Sonny Andrew Quinones, 11, passed away on Thursday, March 20, 2014, at Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children in Jackson. He was born Feb. 4, 2003, in West Point, the son of Crystal West. He was a third grade student at Hebron Christian School near Pheba. He loved life. He loved the […]
VARDAMAN – Donnie Lee Johnson, 65, died Saturday, March 22, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 20, 1948, in Vardaman. He was a member of the Vardaman United Methodist Church in which he served as a member of the church administration board and as a church representative of the Calhoun County Cluster. He […]
OKOLONA – Theda Edwards Sandlin, 78, died Thursday, March 20, 2014, at her residence following an extended illness. She was born Jan. 18, 1936, in Marshall County to Lelon Edwards and Jarohn Alderson Edwards. She married Carlton Laverne Sandlin on Oct. 18, 1952, and they owned and worked at Sandlin’s Service Station in Okolona for […]
PONTOTOC – Larry L. McDonald, 60, passed away Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at his home. He was a lifelong resident of Pontotoc. He was a beloved father, brother, son and friend to many. He had a great love for his horses and motorcycles. He was a master brick mason. He never missed an opportunity to […]
WOODLAND – Bobby R. Dobbins, 73, died Thursday, March 20, 2014, at his home in Woodland. He was born Sept. 29, 1940, in House, Miss., to Woodrow Wilson Dobbins and Audrey Mae Wilkerson Dobbins. He was a retired 35- year professional truck driver for Miller Transport. He and his wife, Jewell, celebrate their 54th wedding […]
VARDAMAN – Micheal Townsend, 45, died Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at Darlington Oaks Hospice. He was born Jan. 3, 1969, to L.T. Townsend and Shirley Townsend. He lived in Milwaukee, Wis., for 14 years and in Vardaman for the past eight years. He served in the U.S. Army. Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, […]
BUFFALO, Mo. – Benjamin L. Carter, 98, passed away peacefully on Monday, March 17, 2014, at Colonial Nursing Home in Buffalo, Mo. He was preceded in death by his loving wife of 65 years, Hettye W. Carter. Born in 1916 in Van Vleet, he graduated in civil engineering from Mississippi State University in 1938. Waiving […]
BRUCE – Genella Bean, 53, died Thursday, March 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center of Tupelo. Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, March 20, at Bruce Chapel in Bruce. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge.
OKOLONA – Roy H. Kincade, 67, died Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at his home surrounded by family and friends. He was born Aug. 28, 1946, to Prentice and Ruby Lackey Kincade. He was a high school graduate and a veteran of the U.S. Army. He was a truck driver and worked for several local companies including […]
BAKER, La. – Helen R. Frank, 96, passed away Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at Lane Regional Medical Center in Zachary, La. She was a native of the Egypt community. She enjoyed gardening, baking and sewing. She was loved by all who knew her and will be greatly missed. She is survived by her son, Richard […]
COLUMBIA, Tenn. – Anna Marion Wessels, 100, passed away at her home in Columbia, Tenn., on Sunday, March 16, 2014. She was born on May 19, 1913, in Houlka to Robert Marion and Kate Patterson Marion. She married Ernest Wessels on June 19, 1938 and they had two children together. She graduated from Blue Mountain […]
BIG CREEK – Donald Kent James, 83, died Monday, March 17, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born Dec. 4, 1930, in Webster County to Fred Eugene James and Nona Chamblee James. He was a self-employed farmer and a member of Big Creek Baptist Church. He was a retired U.S. Army sergeant and […]
WOODLAND – James David Hill, 88, died Sunday, March 16, 2014. He was born Oct. 12, 1925, in Chickasaw County to Leo Hill and Virgie Bell Lucious Hill. He was a member of VFW, and a member and deacon of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. He also served on the Soil Conservation Board. Services were 2 p.m. […]
- No appeal yet in Ausbern case April 10, 2014
- Kayden Harris April 15, 2014
- George Tutor April 15, 2014
- Police to enforce curfew April 15, 2014
- Alvie Griggs April 15, 2014
- Three dead in shooting at United Furniture in Nettleton April 16, 2014
- Paying it forward April 16, 2014
- Israel Harper April 16, 2014
- Run ‘em down and walk off! April 16, 2014
- Civil War author to speak at Museum April 16, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 10 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 10 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 10 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 10 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 10 months ago