AIKEN, S.C. – Eugene Carpenter, 95, died on Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Hitchcock House Assisted Living Facility in Aiken, S.C. Born Friday, April 4, 1919, in Julian, W.Va., he was the son of William Carpenter and Eva Mae Tyler Carpenter. He was the husband of the late Mable Carpenter. He was a retired CMSGT […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
FAUNSDALE, Ala. – Dorothy Smith Pettet, 98, passed away on Friday, May 23, 2014, at her residence. She was born on Jan. 1, 1916, to the late Robert Leon and Lena Marie Smith in Chickasaw County. She was a member of McCondy United Methodist Church and the Young at Heart Club at the church.Graveside service […]
OXFORD – Ruby Frances Cromwell Gean, 93, died Friday, May 23, 2014, at Regional One Health in Memphis. The funeral service will be Wednesday, May 28, at 2 p.m. in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home in Oxford with the Rev. James Richardson and the Rev. Donnie Williams officiating. Burial will follow in Hopewell Cemetery. […]
PITTSBORO – Donald Gordon Cook, 79, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence in Pittsboro. He was born on May 8, 1935, in Bruce. He was retired from Pontotoc Electric Power Association and a member of Mt. Comfort Baptist Church. He was an avid hunter. He Loved hunting with hounds. He was one […]
FAUNSDALE, Ala. – Dorothy Smith Pettet, 98, of Faunsdale, Alabama, passed away Friday, May 23, 2014, at her residence. Graveside services were 10 a.m. Monday in Providence Cemetery in McCondy. Visitation was 4 until 6 p.m. Sunday at Robinson Funeral Home in West Point.
CALHOUN CITY – Nathan Bryan Harrison, 66, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at his residence. He was born May 21, 1948, in Grenada to Calvin Dee and Julia Brown Harrison. After graduating from Calhoun City High School in 1966, he attended drafting school in Atlanta, Ga. He was a retired businessman. He was the co-founder […]
BRUCE — Mary Jean Hardin Edwards, 92, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born in Derma on Jan. 18, 1933, the daughter of William Emmit Hardin and Eltha Kimbell Hardin. She was a homemaker and a member of Ellard Baptist Church. Survivors include two daughters, Carol (Gary) […]
BRUCE – Linda Gail Cooper, 62, died on Sunday, May 25, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Friday, Aug. 10, 1951, in Bruce, she was the daughter of the late Claxton “”Tunny”” Collums and the late Marjorie Easley Collums Chrestman. She was the wife of Robert “Bob” Cooper. She was a graduate […]
CALHOUN CITY – Donald Michael “Mike” Collins, 67, died Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services. He was born Nov. 11, 1946, in Calhoun County to Johnny Collins and Ophelia Wiggs Collins. He was a crane operator for Hills Brothers and a member of the National Guard Armory. Services were at 2 p.m. Saturday […]
HOUSTON – Daniel L. “Dan” Allen, 89, passed away Sunday, May 25, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. He was born in McCondy Community of Chickasaw County on Aug. 23, 1924, to Hal Neal Allen Sr. and Kate Brand Allen. He graduated from McCondy and Egypt Schools. He was a member […]
PONTOTOC – Raymond Van Lantrip, 81, passed away Thursday, May 22, 2014, at his home. He was a mechanic all his life and was visited by his friends often at his shop, Ray’s Auto. He was a loving husband and father. He treated everyone with respect and was loved by all. He was a member […]
HOUSTON – Maggie B. Baskin Bafford, 67, died Monday, May 19, 2014 at her residence. She was born May 18, 1947, in Chickasaw County to Willie Baskin and Maggie Matthews Baskin. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church, Houston. She was a former employee of Burris and Cooper Tire. She was a 1965 […]
ABERDEEN – Johnnie M. Shaw, 90, of Aberdeen, died Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 3, 1924, in the Egypt Community to Elbert Ray Davis and Mattie Sue Davis. She was a member of New Hebron M.B. Church. She loved cooking, gardening and spending time with her family. […]
TUPELO – Herbert Raymond “”Ray”” Goodman died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, in Tupelo. He was born in El Paso, Texas, Oct. 31, 1932, the son of Herbert Hatton Goodman and Hattie Mae Crosby Goodman. They moved to Summerland, his mother’s hometown, when he was five years old. In 1943 they moved to Laurel, where he […]
- Boyer, Mitchell earn DAR History honors March 24, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago