BRUCE – Charles Wayne Brasher, 60, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 27, 1952, to Ular and Virgie Brasher. He attended Houlka High School where he graduated in 1970. He resided in the Pilgrim Rest Community and drove a semitruck most of his life before becoming disabled. Services were […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
WOODLAND – Jewel Maurine Clark King, 90, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at her home in Woodland. She was born Dec. 15, 1923, in Clay County to Grady W. Clark and Eula Mae Clark. She was a homemaker and a member of Bethel Baptist Church. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, April 6, at Houston […]
OKOLONA – Ople Katherine O’Barr Henry, 69, died Friday, April 4th, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit following an extended illness. She was born Aug. 17, 1944, to Jessie O’Barr and Annie Kate O’Barr. She worked at Walmart on West Main in Tupelo for 10 plus years and was a homemaker, enjoying arts […]
DETROIT, Mich. – Felix Heard, 68, died Wednesday March 26, 2014 in Detroit Mich. He was born Oct. 9,1945, in Pontotoc to Agnolia and Hal Heard. Services will be 11 a.m. today, April 5, at New Zion MB Church in Troy. Burial will be in the church cemetery. N.L. Jones Funeral Directors is assisting with […]
PHEBA – Peggy Boyette Bigham, 80, passed away April 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Jan. 9, 1934, in Mathiston, the daughter of William Clay and Mattie Ruth Tollison Boyette. She was a retired seamstress with Monte Glove, a retired school bus driver and a Baptist. She married […]
HOUSTON – Darrel “Chew” Wayne Griffin, 78, died April 2, 2014. He was born July 4, 1935, in Chickasaw County to J.D. Griffin and Lesbie Wilson Griffin. He retired of 46 years from MMC Concrete Plant of Houston. He was a volunteer fireman for 30 years. He was an avid outdoorsman as he loved to hunt and […]
PONTOTOC – Charles E. Duke “Papa,” 94, of Pontotoc, passed away Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at home. He was born Aug. 11, 1919, to Mitchell and Ostella Duke. He married Josie Ladell Luker July 31, 1942. He worked in radio and TV repair for many years. He worked for Mr. Fred Dowdy in jukebox and […]
OKOLONA – Lee Dell Ward, 78, died Saturday, March 29, 2014. He was born Feb. 9, 1936, to Martha Collins and Joe Major Ward. He was a construction worker. Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, April 5, at Mt. Calvary Outreach Ministries in Okolona with the Rev. J.D. King officiating. Burial will be in Okolona […]
HOUSTON – Willie Jeff Standfield, 91, died Friday, March 28, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at New Hope Methodist Church. Burial will follow in Palestine Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery. Visitation will be 3 until 6 p.m. Friday at Carter’s Mortuary Services Chapel in West Point.
PONTOTOC – Auvergean Pennington Jones, 79, passed away Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at her residence in Pontotoc County. She was born April 1, 1935, to Horace and Izella McWhirter Stalnaker in the Springville community. She attended Algoma High School. She was a devoted wife, loving mother and grandmother and was “Mama” to all who knew […]
PITTSBORO – Clemmie Ella Crew, 105, died Saturday, March 29, 2014, at Bruce Living Center in Bruce. She was born Feb. 7, 1909, in Calhoun County to James H. Cook and Alice Armanda Davis Cook. She married Hollie Crew on Aug. 21, 1928. She was a housewife and a member of Westside Baptist Church. She […]
GUNTOWN – Diane Herndon Reeves, 45, died on March 5, 2014. The youngest daughter of James Wilson Herndon and Maggie Aaron Herndon, she was born on March 1, 1969, in the Pontotoc Community Hospital. She grew up in Bruce and the Sarepta community in Calhoun County, where she attended Bruce Schools, Bruce First Baptist Church […]
STUART, Fla. – Colleen McVey Byrne passed away peacefully Sunday, March 30, 2014, at her home in Stuart, Fla. She was born in Chicago in 1927 to Thomas and May McVey. She married Thomas A. Byrne in 1951 and they settled in Springfield, where they reared their family, adopting five children. They retired to Stuart, […]
M AYNARDVILLE, Tenn. – Delinda J. Hoskins, 51, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. She was a member of Alder Springs Baptist Church and was Attendance Secretary at Horace Maynard Middle School. Her favorite hobbies were shopping and she was the “Queen” of yard sales. Delinda is […]
- Warming up for playoffs April 19, 2014
- Joseph Bass April 18, 2014
- Holy Week in Houston April 18, 2014
- Toppers take down jackets April 18, 2014
- District Champs! April 18, 2014
- Warming up for playoffs April 19, 2014
- James Patterson April 19, 2014
- April 19, 2014
- Ottis Bass April 19, 2014
- Joseph Bass April 19, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 10 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 10 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 10 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 10 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 10 months ago