RANDOLPH – Frances Marie Douglas, 87, passed away Tuesday, June 3, 2014, at her residence in Randolph. She was born to Carl and Evie Peters Frasure on Jan. 12, 1927. She later married Lowell Douglas. She was a Christian and a member of Tibbs Baptist Church. She worked at Brookwood Furniture for several years. Services […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
PONTOTOC – Clara “C.J.” Huey, 70, passed away Monday, June 2, 2014. She was a member of Lee Memorial Baptist Church. She owned Trail Dust and Fairway Restaurants.Service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday June 5, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Gary Pettit will be officiating. Burial will be in Cruse Cemetery. […]
WEST POINT – William Harold “Pete” Edwards Jr., DVM, 69, passed away on Sunday, June 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point. He was born on July 13, 1944, to Mary Jean Hardin and William Harold Edwards Sr. He was the owner of West Point Animal Clinic for many years. He was a member […]
BENTON, Ark. – Eddie White Jr., 77, died Thursday, May 29, 2014, at Saline Hospice in Bryant, Ark. He was formerly of Chickasaw County. Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday, June 2, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. Pryor Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from noon to […]
OKOLONA – Myrtle Lee Griffin Boyd, 81, died Thursday, May 29, 2014, at the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 1, at Union Grove United Methodist Church. Burial will be in Union Grove United Methodist Church Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of […]
HOUSTON – Roy Lee Jr., 67, died Tuesday, March 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. A native of Nettleton, he was the son of Roy Lee Sr. and Frankie Mae Lee. He was a member of Springhill M.B. Church in Nettleton. He loved to cook, build things around the house and fish. […]
COLUMBUS – Lounette Buchanan Collins, 90, passed away Wednesday, May 28, 2014, at Baptist Hospital in Columbus. She was a retired teacher with 36 years in the Houston Public Schools.Funeral services are set for Saturday, May 31, at noon at Pleasant Plain M.B. Church in Prairie. The Rev. Willie K. Orr will officiate. Burial will […]
TUPELO – Bishop Milton Allen Clark Sr. died Wednesday, May 28, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
HOUSTON – Dortha Jeanette Summerall Scott, 82, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital. She was born March 17. 1932, in Webster County to Willie J. Summerall and Ina Logan Summerall. She was a member of Southside Church of Christ. Services will be at 1 p.m. Friday, May 30, at Memorial Funeral Home […]
WEST POINT – Betty McKinley Morgan, 80, passed away on Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 5, 1933, in Choctaw County in the Panhandle community, the daughter of Emmette Carl and Della Myrtice Cummings McKinley. She was a charter member of Christ United Methodist Church in […]
COFFEEVILLE – David A. Liles, 78, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. He was born July 18, 1935, in Coffeeville. He was a retired Yalobusha County employee and a member of Clear Springs Baptist Church, the American Legion, the Calhoun City VFW and the DAV. He served eight years in the […]
JACKSON – James Garland Crowson, 76, died Sunday, May 25, 2014, in Jackson. He was born May 2, 1938, in Woodland to Vester Garland Crowson and Ruby L. Ray Crowson. He was a public school teacher for many years in Jackson. He also worked in the transportation industry for many years, working his way up […]
AMORY – Victor Harold “Bubba” “Sonny” Stanford, 78, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence. Born on June 13, 1935, in Amory, he was a son of the late William Archie Stanford Sr. and Jewel Nix Stanford.He attended Trace Road, Amory and Shannon schools and the University of Mississippi for one year. He […]
HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance […]
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago