COLUMBUS – Holly Kelly Reifers Curtis, 87, died Friday, Feb. 14, 2014, at Aurora Health and Rehabilitation. Born on Feb. 28, 1926, she was a daughter of William Floyd and Elizabeth Rimmer Kelly. She went to Nursing School at Houston Hospital and received her LPN degree after graduating and passing her state board. At age […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
WHITFIELD – Timothy Willis, 53, died Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014, at Mississippi State Hospital at Whitfield. A native of Calhoun County, he was the son of Frank Silas Sr. and Annie Mae Willis. Services will be 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, at Pontotoc Second Baptist Church. Elder Glenn Huggins will officiate. Burial will be in […]
GERMANTOWN, Tenn. – John Steven Spencer, 59, died Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at Baptist Trinity Hospice House in Collierville, Tenn. he was born July 10, 1954, in Vardaman to John Frank Spencer and Nancy Wade Jaffe. He was a member of Colonial Hills Baptist Church in Southaven. Survivors include his wife, Jackie Spencer of Southaven; […]
PHEBA – Coye Allen Sanders, 72, died Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at his home in Pheba. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point. Visitation will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
TUPELO – Ronald Edgar “Ron” Robertson, 61, died Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence following a brief illness. He was born July 22, 1952, in Houston to Boyce E. Robertson and Maynette Whitt Robertson. He was a patriotic man, serving his country in the U.S. Air Force. He attended Seminary, where he studied the […]
WREN – Betty Dixon McAfee, 72, died on Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on June 10, 1941, in Wren, she was the daughter of the late Raymond and Josie Moss Dixon. She attended Wren School and graduated from Amory High School, Class of 1960. On June 12, 1960, […]
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Eddie Lee “Lo” Jones, 85, passed away Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014. He was born in Lee County to the late Elmo and Lela Harvey Jones. After moving to Louisville, Ky., he united with Emmanual Baptist Church. He loved the Lord and often read the Bible to his daughters as they were growing […]
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
WEST POINT – Carolyn Justice Cooper, 95, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born on July 3, 1918, to the late Grace Evans and Charles Richard Justice in Houston. She was a graduate of MUW, a member of First United Methodist Church, United Methodist […]
SMITHVILLE – Jimmie Frances Cantrell Kennedy, 74, died on Tuesday, Feb, 11, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on Sept. 28, 1939, in Smithville, she was a daughter of the late Charles Edward and Frances Beatrice Lantrip Cantrell. She was a graduate of Smithville High School, Class of 1957. On Feb. 9, […]
OKOLONA – Services for Veola Jones Cooperwood, 73, will be at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, at Snowtown United Methodist Church. Pastor Henry Jean will officiate. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. She was born June 2, 1934, to Elmore Jones and Eola Pack Jones. She was a member of Snowtown United […]
ECRU – Jimmie “Tut” Wilder, 83, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at his residence. He was a member of Ecru Baptist Church. He retired from Landmark Furniture Factory in 1997, after working in the cutting department of several furniture factories for 55 years. He enjoyed watching his grandchildren play basketball, watching car races, working in […]
BRUCE – Michael Tubbs, 67, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at his home. He was born July 23, 1946, in Oxford. He was a graduate of University of Mississippi, where he earned his business degree. He was a business owner representing the office furniture industry. He attended Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
OKOLONA – Jewel Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
- Garner selected as State Champ March 1, 2014
- Lady Rams open season March 6, 2014
- Voter ID available at Clerk’s office March 6, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Senior night March 7, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 9 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 9 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 9 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 9 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 9 months ago