OKOLONA – Charlie C. Johnson, 67, died Friday, April 26, 2013, at his home. He was born Nov. 13, 1945, in Webster County to Robert Lee Johnson and Willie Crawford. He lived in Okolona for more than 30 years. He was a factory worker. Services will be at 10 a.m. today at Red Bud Church. [...]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
WEST POINT – J.T. Marble, 75, died Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at his home. He was born Nov. 14, 1937, to Square Marble and Essie Gates Marble. He was employed by Clay County for 30 years. He loved gardening, especially raising greens. Services will be at 4 p.m. Saturday at Pleasant Plain M.B. Church. The [...]
OKOLONA – Johnny “Godfather” Powe, 56, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Nov. 21, 1956, to Robert Lee Powe Sr. and Alice Garth. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and a member of Red Bud Church. He loved deejaying. Services will be at 1 p.m. Sunday [...]
ATLANTA – Bessie Gilliam, a native of Okolona, died Sunday, April 28, 2013, in Atlanta. Services will be today in Atlanta. Visitation will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at St. Episcopal Church in Okolona. Burial will be at 4 p.m. Saturday in Odd Fellows Cemetery. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of [...]
MANTEE – Henry Thomas Vaughn, 70, died Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at his home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 4, at White Hill Baptist Church in Webster County. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 to [...]
J.T. Marble PRAIRIE – J.T. Marble died Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at his home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
WEST POINT – Elizabeth Poss, 96, passed away Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home. She was born Nov. 5, 1916, in Houston to Cyntha Andrews and Bob Dendy. She was a member of Siloam Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today at the Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with [...]
BOONEVILLE – Barbara Jean Henley James, 61, died Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at her home. She was born Dec. 1, 1951, to Vardaman and Merline Henley. She was a member of Grace Methodist Church. She worked at Baptist Memorial Hospital as a LPN. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 2, at McMillan Funeral [...]
CALHOUN CITY – Ellar Mae Hankins, 68, died Saturday, April 27, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services. She was a member of Sabougla M.B. Church. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Black Jack M.B. Church. The Rev. Larry Mays will officiate. Burial will be in Dentontown Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is [...]
VILLA RICA, Ga. – Lorene Griffin Sappington Meadows, 72, peacefully passed away at her home, Wednesday, May 1, 2013, in the company of her family. Lorene was born Oct. 6, 1940, in Chickasaw County to R.E. “Bunk” Griffin and Earlene Doss Griffin. From 1960 to 1964, she worked at Chickasaw County Tax Collector’s office. She [...]
ATLANTA – Bessie Gilliam died Sunday, April 28, 2013, in Atlanta, Ga. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
OKOLONA – Johnny Powe died Monday, April 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
WEST POINT – Tommy L. Rushing, 75, passed away on Sunday, April 21, 2013, at Community Hospice at Darlington Oaks in Verona. He was born Oct. 18, 1937, in Cleveland to Ora Rebecca Burgess and William Tommy Rushing. He worked in janitorial for the Blazon Tube Corporation for 25 years. He was of the Pentecostal [...]
CEDAR BLUFF – Pauline “Polly” Williams, 75, passed away on Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Medical Center-GT in Columbus. She was born Aug. 21, 1937, in West Point to Sarah Elizabeth Arick and Tom Lee Williams. She had worked at Kroger as a deli manager for 11 years. She was a member of [...]
- Lesson for life May 23, 2013
- Okolona assistant chief found guilty on three counts May 21, 2013
- Okolona officer on trial in Houston courthouse May 20, 2013
- Andrews Shields May 20, 2013
- Anna Spratlin May 20, 2013
- Lesson for life May 23, 2013
- FLOYD INGRAM: A big day for a man with big plans May 23, 2013
- Robertson guilty on three of four charges May 23, 2013
- David Forrester May 23, 2013
- Supervisors looking at security measures for both courthouses May 23, 2013
- Brenda Summers: R.I.P. my brother, JL Wofford, he was a beautiful ...
- Jeanette Marsh: What is the scheduled date of opening. There have...
- air jordan 2 u: Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Really G...
- William Brownlee: To Whom this may concerns, My name is William Bro...
- C Jackman: Sorry for the loss of your loved one. May the Alm...
Northeast Mississippi's news source
Tweeting since April 20, 2009
- Ole Miss falls to Alabama in 10 innings http://t.co/2m3Qo3VPBq 3 hours ago
- Alcorn missing man found dead http://t.co/UdLABDHcro 2 hours ago
- RT @ap: BREAKING: UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London. 1 hour ago
- PSC's Presley orders unapproved Pontotoc rate collections spent for public benefit http://t.co/KQqvPPPlT5 33 mins ago
- Former Pontotoc youth minister pleads not guilty to sex charges http://t.co/gFo7roKusB 2 hours ago