OKOLONA – Charles “”Buddy”” Hays, 65, died Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, at his residence in Okolona. He was born July 9, 1948, to Romie and Flora Weeks Hays. He was a member of Union Chapel Baptist Church. He was a graduate of Shannon High School and continued his education at Itawamba Community College and Mississippi […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
WEST POINT – Alan Andrews, 55, passed away on Friday, Nov. 22, 2013, at his home in West Point. He was born Jan. 19, 1958, in West Point to Margie Sanders and Jerald Stacy Andrews. He worked in maintenance for Ellis Steel in West Point. He had previously worked at Artex. He was a member […]
HOUSTON – Edna Earl Watkins, 84, died Friday, Nov. 22 in Houston. She was born July 28, 1929, to Jackson Murphy “Bud” and Hattie Mae Sanders, in Madden in Leake County. She worked at Gulf States Ceramic Tile in Houston. She attended the Word of Life Church in Tupelo. Services will be at 2 p.m. […]
WEST POINT – Oscar Lee Brownlee Sr., 86, died Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24, at St. Paul Beasley CME Church. Burial will follow in Lower Prairie Creek M.B. Church Cemetery in Mantee. Carter’s Mortuary Services is in charge of […]
NEW ALBANY – Mary Alice Jenkins, 66, died Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, at her residence in New Albany. A native of Bruce, she was the daughter of Elder L.V. Stovall and Eva Lois Corbitt Stovall. She attended United House of Prayer in Cotton Plant. She was employed for almost 35 years with New Albany Light, […]
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Willie B. Stanfield, 76, died Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, in Syracuse, N.Y. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial of Okolona.
EL PASO, Texas – James Wayne McCoy, 67, passed away on Friday, Nov. 15, 2013. He was born in Bruce on March 3, 1946. He was a beloved husband to Rosie McCoy for 37 years. He will be in the hearts of his family forever and will be missed. He survived by his sons, Jaime […]
PONTOTOC – Lois Lorraine Grose, 59, passed away Monday, Nov. 18, 2013, at her home. She worked at Miss Eaton Inc. and Eaton Seating for 24 years. She love spending time with family and reading. Survivors include a daughter, Hope Hollis (George) of Pontotoc; a son, Joey Lovell of Bruce; sisters, Linda Lovell of Pontotoc, […]
HOUSTON – Emma Frances Duncan, 87, died Monday, Nov. 18, 2013, at Shearer Richardson Nursing Home in Okolona. She was born March 28, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Richard G. Boyce and Sally Huffman Boyce. She owned and operated a beauty shop in Memphis until her retirement when she moved to Houston. She was a […]
SMITHVILLE – Donald Gene Davis, 76, died on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born June 13, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of Gilbert and Jewel Gray Davis. He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his […]
HOUSTON – Jimmy Ray “”Joker”” Wright, 57, died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 7, 1956, in Calhoun County. He lived most of his life in Chickasaw County. He was a disabled truck driver and a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be at 10 a.m. today, Nov. […]
QUEENS, N.Y. – Nathaniel Madkins, 71, died Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, at his home in Queens, N.Y. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
VARDAMAN – Yobani Cecilo Razo, 7, died Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013. He was born Dec. 28, 2005, in Amory. He was member of Vardaman First Baptist Church and a student at Vardaman Elementary School. He accepted Christ during VBS this summer and was baptized in August. Services will be 4 p.m. today, Nov. 18, at […]
VARDAMAN – Oscar Ernest Razo, 9, died Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013. He was born Sept. 8, 2004, in Amory. He was member of Vardaman First Baptist Church and a student at Vardaman Elementary School. He accepted Christ during VBS this summer and was baptized in August. Services will be 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18, at […]
- Houston Holiday Bazaar is tonight December 5, 2013
- Christmas Events December 4, 2013
- Fatal accident in Pontotoc County December 4, 2013
- Wide load moving on Hwy. 45, Thursday December 3, 2013
- Golden Angel adoption opens December 3, 2013
- Houston Holiday Bazaar is tonight December 5, 2013
- Around the court December 5, 2013
- FLOYD INGRAM: Christmas in Houston December 5, 2013
- Hugh Hamilton December 5, 2013
- EDITORIAL: Driver’s license office needed in Chickasaw County December 5, 2013
- Iggy: I am from the uk and just watching worlds strictes...
- Linda: He does NOT make it right. I ordered beef from him...
- Reed Jones: Greenwood's division record is 5-0....
- jess ellard: decisions to build or re-build in older sections a...
- the_rocket: The Supreme Court has ruled against the endorsemen...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 6 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 6 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 6 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 6 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 6 months ago