CALHOUN CITY – Quinnette Hardin, 79, died on Thursday, June 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Monday, June 18, 1934, in Woodland, she was the daughter of the late Sherman Langford and the late Eula Vanlandingham Langford. She was the wife of the late Fred W. Hardin.Surviving are sons, Billy W. […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
ABERDEEN – Imogene Harden Hudnall, 87, died Wednesday, June 11, 2014, at Duke Homecare and Hospice Hock Family Pavilion in North Carolina. She was born July 14, 1926, to James Nichols Harden and Thelma Murphree Brand in Okolona. She was a graduate of Okolona High School. She lived most of her life in Aberdeen where […]
HOUSTON — Peggy Taylor Williams, 71, died at her home Wednesday, June 11, 2014. She was born April 9, 1943 in Calhoun County to Edward Lewis Taylor and Vannie Marene Stewart Taylor. She was a former security guard for Dynamic before becoming disabled. She was a member of New Liberty Baptist Church in Calhoun County. […]
SALTILLO – Shirley Rouse Pierce died Wednesday, June 11, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. She was born in Lee County to Noel and Christine Nichols Robbins. For more than 25 years, she was an agent and district coordinator for AFLAC Insurance and previously worked as the Human Resource Manager for […]
P ONTOTOC – Roselene Johnson died Monday, June 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Sept. 3, 1940, to Virgil and Martha Johnson. She professed her life in Christ at an early age at Ecru Baptist Church. She attended Pontotoc High School and continued her education at Okolona College, […]
BRUCE – William Ottis Hurst, 79, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Memphis Hardwood in Bruce after 35 years. He was a member of Bruce United Methodist Church. A 1954 graduate […]
HOUSTON — Dorothy Guien “Cricket” Huffman King, 76, died Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born June 6, 1938, in the Enon Community to Ralph Elzo Huffman and Elizabeth Sisk Huffman. She was retired from Dixieland Furniture and was a member of Enon Primitive Baptist Church. Services are Tuesday, […]
HOUSTON — Jeannette Patterson Hood Scott Davis, 95, passed away peacefully on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. James M. Hood of Houlka. She graduated from Houlka High School, where she was the first, Miss Houlka, and attended Blue Mountain College. She was a […]
PITTSBORO – Jimmy Don Hardin, 61, died Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson. He was born on Oct. 5, 1952, in Vardaman. He was a member of the Poplar Springs Baptist Church. He was the president of Hardin Trucking since 1983 and a cattleman and a farmer. He was an active […]
WEST POINT – Taylor Dragoo, 15, passed away Saturday, June 7, 2014, at University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. He was born April 19, 1999, in West Point to Sherry Reannay Jenkins and Steven Alfred Dragoo. He was a member of First Christian Church, but also attended the youth groups of First Baptist Church, […]
DERMA – Michael Glen Pounds died Saturday, June 7, 2014, at his home in Derma. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors. Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
CORDOVA, Tenn. – Matthew J. Lautar passed away at home June 2, 2014, in Cordova, Tenn. He was born March 1, 1941, in Barberton, Ohio. He graduated from West Point High School in 1959. He attended Millsaps College and was a member of the football team and Kappa Sigma Fraternity. He transferred to the University […]
MANTEE – Sara Sue “Mama Sue” Scott Harrington, 96, died Wednesday, June 4, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston.She was born Dec. 12, 1917, in Mantee to Robert Oliver Scott and Ethel Dale Stevens Scott. She was a homemaker and a member of Mantee Baptist Church.Services are Thursday, June 5, at 3 p.m. at […]
RANDOLPH – Frances Marie Douglas, 87, passed away Tuesday, June 3, 2014, at her residence in Randolph. She was born to Carl and Evie Peters Frasure on Jan. 12, 1927. She later married Lowell Douglas. She was a Christian and a member of Tibbs Baptist Church. She worked at Brookwood Furniture for several years. Services […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago