TUPELO – Frances Inez Nicholson, 69, passed away Wednesday, June 11, 2014, at the North Mississippi Medical Center Inpatient Hospice Unit. She is survived by her mother, Ruby Williams of Saltillo; three sons, Tony Nicholson (Kim) of Millbrook, Ala., Jared “Bubba” Nicholson (Laura) of Tupelo and Matt Nicholson (Marsha) of Germantown, Tenn.; and five grandchildren. […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
CALHOUN CITY – Quinnette Hardin, 79, died on Thursday, June 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Monday, June 18, 1934, in Woodland, she was the daughter of the late Sherman Langford and the late Eula Vanlandingham Langford. She was the wife of the late Fred W. Hardin.Surviving are sons, Billy W. […]
ABERDEEN – Imogene Harden Hudnall, 87, died Wednesday, June 11, 2014, at Duke Homecare and Hospice Hock Family Pavilion in North Carolina. She was born July 14, 1926, to James Nichols Harden and Thelma Murphree Brand in Okolona. She was a graduate of Okolona High School. She lived most of her life in Aberdeen where […]
HOUSTON — Peggy Taylor Williams, 71, died at her home Wednesday, June 11, 2014. She was born April 9, 1943 in Calhoun County to Edward Lewis Taylor and Vannie Marene Stewart Taylor. She was a former security guard for Dynamic before becoming disabled. She was a member of New Liberty Baptist Church in Calhoun County. […]
SALTILLO – Shirley Rouse Pierce died Wednesday, June 11, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. She was born in Lee County to Noel and Christine Nichols Robbins. For more than 25 years, she was an agent and district coordinator for AFLAC Insurance and previously worked as the Human Resource Manager for […]
P ONTOTOC – Roselene Johnson died Monday, June 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Sept. 3, 1940, to Virgil and Martha Johnson. She professed her life in Christ at an early age at Ecru Baptist Church. She attended Pontotoc High School and continued her education at Okolona College, […]
BRUCE – William Ottis Hurst, 79, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Memphis Hardwood in Bruce after 35 years. He was a member of Bruce United Methodist Church. A 1954 graduate […]
HOUSTON — Dorothy Guien “Cricket” Huffman King, 76, died Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born June 6, 1938, in the Enon Community to Ralph Elzo Huffman and Elizabeth Sisk Huffman. She was retired from Dixieland Furniture and was a member of Enon Primitive Baptist Church. Services are Tuesday, […]
HOUSTON — Jeannette Patterson Hood Scott Davis, 95, passed away peacefully on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. James M. Hood of Houlka. She graduated from Houlka High School, where she was the first, Miss Houlka, and attended Blue Mountain College. She was a […]
PITTSBORO – Jimmy Don Hardin, 61, died Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson. He was born on Oct. 5, 1952, in Vardaman. He was a member of the Poplar Springs Baptist Church. He was the president of Hardin Trucking since 1983 and a cattleman and a farmer. He was an active […]
WEST POINT – Taylor Dragoo, 15, passed away Saturday, June 7, 2014, at University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. He was born April 19, 1999, in West Point to Sherry Reannay Jenkins and Steven Alfred Dragoo. He was a member of First Christian Church, but also attended the youth groups of First Baptist Church, […]
DERMA – Michael Glen Pounds died Saturday, June 7, 2014, at his home in Derma. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors. Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
CORDOVA, Tenn. – Matthew J. Lautar passed away at home June 2, 2014, in Cordova, Tenn. He was born March 1, 1941, in Barberton, Ohio. He graduated from West Point High School in 1959. He attended Millsaps College and was a member of the football team and Kappa Sigma Fraternity. He transferred to the University […]
MANTEE – Sara Sue “Mama Sue” Scott Harrington, 96, died Wednesday, June 4, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston.She was born Dec. 12, 1917, in Mantee to Robert Oliver Scott and Ethel Dale Stevens Scott. She was a homemaker and a member of Mantee Baptist Church.Services are Thursday, June 5, at 3 p.m. at […]
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago