HOUSTON – Glenda Ann Boring Gann, 73, died Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at her home. She was born Aug. 29, 1940 In Talladega, Ala., to Goza Boring and Billie Kenamer Boring. She was a graduate of St. Petersburg College in Florida. She was owner of Gann’s Bookeeping Service until her retirement. She was a member […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
WEST POINT – M. Dean Andrews, 59, passed away on Monday, April 21, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Calvert Funeral Home in West Point.
ABERDEEN – Riley Clifton “Buddy” Thompson Jr., 79, died Monday, April 21, 2014, at the Care Center of Aberdeen. He was born Feb. 18, 1935, to Riley Clifton “Sam” Thompson Sr. and Mary Lou Baggett Thompson in Aberdeen. He was a lifelong resident of Aberdeen. He was a graduate of Aberdeen High School and a […]
EDINBURGH, Scotland – Mary “Connie” Thompson, 84, died on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, in Edinburgh. Born on Aug. 31, 1929, she was a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Donald Scott.She was a graduate of Milnathort, Scotland, High School. As a teenager, she worked in a baker’s shop and was crowned most beautiful in […]
PHILADELPHIA – James M. Fields, 76, formerly of Clay County, passed away on Friday, April 18, 2014, at Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian.Graveside services are scheduled for 2 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Greenwood Cemetery in West Point. Complete arrangements will be announced later by Calvert Funeral Home of West Point.
PONTOTOC – Charles William Chapman, 85, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 16, 1928, in Pontotoc to Howard Clinton Chapman and Jessie Bell Chapman. He worked at Futorian in Okolona for 36 years. He was a member of Troy First Baptist Church. He was […]
VARDAMAN – Carl Dewitt Spencer, 71, died Monday, April 21, 2014, at his residence. He was born June 19, 1942, in the Elzey community in Vardaman. He was a graduate of Vardaman High School in 1960 and a graduate of the University of Mississippi in 1965, where he earned a bachelor’s degree, a master’s in […]
HOUSTON – Pamela Michelle Easley, 47, died Saturday April 19, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born June 5, 1966, in Lee County to Harold Easley and Glenda Hamby Easley. She was a member of Arbor Grove Baptist Church.Services will be 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, at Memorial Funeral Home with […]
HOUSTON – Cleo Weed Boyce, 87, died Monday, April 21, 2014. She was born Feb. 17, 1927, in Houston to Andrea Jackson Weed and Pearl O’Barr Weed. She was a member of Macedonia Methodist Church.Services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at Memorial Funeral Home. Burial will be in Macedonia Methodist Cemetery. Memorial Funeral […]
OKOLONA – LaGrone Pack, 79, died Friday, April 18, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Fields Funeral Home of Okolona.
OKOLONA – James Robert “Jim” Patterson, 83, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born in Shannon on Aug. 18, 1930, to Ray Wood Patterson and Annie Mae Mills Patterson. He was a lifelong resident of Chickasaw County where he attended Egypt and Okolona public schools. He continued his […]
HOUSTON – Grace Robinson Floyd, 89 years old, of Tupelo, died Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Fern Brooke Personal Care Home, Houston, Miss. She was born on December 17, 1924, to Alfred Thomas Robinson and Nola Newcomb Robinson in Eastport, Miss. She graduated from Burnsville High School, where she played basketball and loved the sport. […]
OKOLONA – James Robert “Jim” Patterson, 83, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House after a brief illness. A service celebrating his life will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, April 21, at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. Burial, with military honors, will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be […]
NETTLETON – Jamie C.A. Guin, 33, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was employed as a frame builder for United Furniture Mfg. in Nettleton. An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed fishing, camping and spending time with family and friends. He always met everyone with a smile. He was a 1999 graduate of Mantachie High School. He […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- LaGrone Pack April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 11 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 11 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 11 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 11 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 11 months ago