By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Two bodies found at the Okolona Motel earlier this month appear to be a murder/suicide following a preliminary autopsy report from the State Crime Lab. Authorities were called to the Okolona Motel on Highway 145 in Okolona after hotel owners reported a foul smell coming from […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
OKOLONA – Charles Wayne Lambert, 66, died at his residence east of Okolona on Friday, June 20, 2014. He was born in Calhoun County on July 6, 1947, to Robert Lambert and Inez Lambert. A lifelong resident of the Okolona area, he began his working career at Delta Trousers and retired as a truck driver […]
ECRU – Jimmy Weatherly Sr., 72, died Friday, June 20, 2014, at his home in Ecru. He was born Aug. 26, 1941, in Pontotoc County to Zebedee and Rena Weatherly. He retired from Lane Furniture after 26 years. He loved spending time with his family and gardening. He collected knives and caps. He loved showing […]
HOUSTON – Mary Evelyn Thomas Pate, 97, died Friday, June 20, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born July 13, 1916, in Houston to Charlie Clayton Thomas and Maggie Jadie Neal Thomas. She was a lunchroom worker for 20 years and a homemaker. She was a member of Prospect United Methodist Church. […]
WEST POINT – The Rev. Edward “”Booker”” Dean, 60, died Saturday, June 14, 2014, in West Point.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 21, at Third Mt. Olive M.B. Church in West Point. Burial will be in Palo Alto M.B. Church Cemetery at West Point. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge […]
OKOLONA – Jennifer Ann Jolly Rooker, 49, died Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo following an extended illness. She was born Dec. 14, 1964, in Amory to Clifton Jolly and Beatrice Davis Jolly. She was a lifelong resident of Okolona and graduated from Okolona High School in 1982. She married Mike […]
WOODLAND – Minnie Florence Ward Chandler, 87, died Tuesday, June 17, 2014, in Trace Regional Hospital. She was born Oct. 7, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Robert Ward and Dora Gaskin Ward. She was a member of Woodland Baptist Church.Visitation service will be from 1 p.m. until service time at 3 p.m. Thursday, June 19, […]
HOUSTON – Henry Foley Brown, 63, died Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born March 16, 1951, in Meridian to Gaines Andrew Brown Sr. and Mary B. Moore Brown. He was a train master for Kansas City Southern Railroad for 39 years and a member of First Baptist Church […]
TUPELO – Gustave “Gus” Victor Crippen, 59, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born in Cairo, Ill., he had lived in the Tupelo area for the last 22 years. He had worked in the foam/furniture industry his entire working life and was currently plant manager at VIP Cinema Seating […]
HOUSTON – Pearlene Gardner Moore, 60, died Thursday, June 12, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice in Tupelo. She was born July 2, 1953, to Bernice Gardner and the late L.T. Gardner. She was a homemaker.Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, June 19, at Palestine M.B. Church with the Rev. Elvis Edwards officiating. Williams Memorial of […]
BRUCE – Maida C. Stegall, 82, died Saturday, June 14, 2014, at her home in Bruce. She was born April 29, 1932, in Bruce. A graduate of Ellard High School, she went to college on a basketball scholarship to Holmes Junior College. She was a member of Mt. Comfort Baptist Church and a retired legal […]
SHANNON – Hazel Jean Kennedy Grammer, 79, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at her residence in Shannon after an extended illness. She was born in Tishomingo County on Dec. 3, 1934, to Willie Dexter and Virdie Lorena Stanley Kennedy. She worked for 32 years as a nurse’s aide for North Mississippi Medical Center where she […]
ECRU – Monema McPhail Cornelius, 94, formally of Slate Springs, died Saturday, June 14, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-Hospice. She was born April 11, 1920, in Slate Springs, the daughter of Robert Fuller McPhail and Opal Rushing McPhail. She was a member of Cairo Baptist Church in Ecru.Services were held at 3 p.m. Sunday, […]
BENTON, Ark. – Eddie Junior White, 77, died Sunday, May 29, 2014, at Saline Hospice in Bryant, Ark. He was born Sept. 18, 1936, in Chickasaw County, the son of Edgar Louis White and Audrey Mae Parker White. He was retired from Jacuzzi Brothers and from the National Guard Armory. He was a member of […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago