PRAIRIE – Wilson Craig, 95, died Friday, May 17, 2013, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home in Aberdeen.
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
RANDOLPH – Vernon Keith Mooneyham, 74, died Saturday, May 11, 2013, at Sunshine Nursing Home in Pontotoc. He was born June 14, 1939, in Buckhorn. He was a retired county worker and a member of Buckhorn Church of Christ. A private memorial service will be held at a later date. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of [...]
UNA – A.C. Hatchett, 89, died Thursday, May 16, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Union Baptist M.B. Church. Burial will follow in the Union Baptist Church Cemetery. Visitation iss from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Carter Funeral Home, who is handling all arrangements. [...]
GRENADA – Lanelle Wood Couch, 85, died Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven. She was born Oct. 3, 1927, in Calhoun County. She was a florist and the former owner of Carroll-Black Flowers in Grenada. She was an active member of the Grenada Pilot Club and the Gideons Ladies Auxiliary. She [...]
PONTOTOC – Monroe George Garrett, 66, died Monday, May 13, 2013, at Select Specialty Hospital in Jackson. A native of Pontotoc, he was the son of William and Bessie Mae Garrett. He was a member of McDonald United Methodist Church and a Marine veteran of the Vietnam War. He loved cooking, grilling, gardening, welding, building, [...]
VARDAMAN – Agnes Laverne Gillespie, 93, died Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at her son’s home in Isola. She was born March 24, 1920, in Pontotoc. She was a homemaker and a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church. Services were at 2 p.m. Saturday, at Poplar Springs Baptist Church with Bro. Benny Hill officiating and Bro. [...]
WEST POINT – Annie Ruth Hampton, 59, passed away on Thursday, May 9, 2013, at West Point Community Living Center. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Siloam M.B. Church. Burial will follow in Siloam Cemetery. Carter Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 until [...]
ABERDEEN – Armoee Mitchell died Sunday, May 12, 2013, at her home in Aberdeen. A memorial service will be at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Williams Memorial Funeral Home in Okolona. A full service and burial will be held later in Kansas City, Mo.
WOODLAND – Mary Jane Lyons, 56, died Thursday, May 9, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. Services will be at noon Thursday at St. Paul Beasley CME Church. Burial will be in Lower Prairie Creek M.B. Church Cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from [...]
CALHOUN CITY – James Andy Harrison, 69, died Monday, May 6, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. He was born Nov. 4, 1943, in Derma to William Bryan Harrison and Mattie Gertrude Cook Harrison He was a retired asphalt and paving foreman, and later retired from the furniture business. He was a member of [...]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Due to the elections Tuesday, some home delivery and newsstand delivery may delayed this morning. The Chickasaw Journal strives to bring you the most updated information possible and reporters worked last night to get results so they could be included in today’s May 8 edition. Subscribers who do not [...]
HOUSTON – Leslie Joe Wiggs, 74, died Monday, May 6, 2013, at his home. He was born March 29, 1939, to Elmer Bud Wiggs and Robbie Pauline Mayhan Wiggs. He was a retired barber and farmer. He was a member of Midway Baptist Church. Services are Thursday, May 9, at 10 a.m. at Houston Funeral [...]
SOUTHAVEN – Richard Johnson, 77, died Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto. Arrangements were incomplete and will be announced later by Fields Funeral Home of Okolona.
WOODLAND – Victor “Bopete” Lamar Echoles, 36, died Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Service is at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Callahan M.B. Church in Woodland. Burial is at Callahan M.B. Church Cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
- Green, Shird graduate Superintendent Academy May 14, 2013
- Walk to the future begins May 16, 2013
- Pontotoc authorities searching for Houston man May 16, 2013
- Civic duty May 16, 2013
- Close races decided in Okolona primary May 16, 2013
- Man with Montpelier connection arrested for 1962 murder May 18, 2013
- Okolona’s Edens paces MSU at NCAA golf regionals May 18, 2013
- Wilson Craig May 18, 2013
- Vernon Mooneyham May 18, 2013
- Houston Lady Toppers need two wins today May 18, 2013
- Brenda Summers: R.I.P. my brother, JL Wofford, he was a beautiful ...
- Jeanette Marsh: What is the scheduled date of opening. There have...
- air jordan 2 u: Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Really G...
- William Brownlee: To Whom this may concerns, My name is William Bro...
- C Jackman: Sorry for the loss of your loved one. May the Alm...
Northeast Mississippi's news source
Tweeting since April 20, 2009
- New novel category announced in Faulkner writing competition | News Exchange http://t.co/B2lqr7wmlP 4 hours ago
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case in Spokane http://t.co/9Zx5TGgkbo 4 hours ago
- RT @ap: BREAKING: The winning Powerball numbers are 10-13-14-22-52 with a Powerball number of 11. 4 hours ago
- (VIDEO) Lessons in business management — from prison - Business Blog http://t.co/DfrF2X9hA9 3 hours ago
- RT @r0bbie_ward: Check out Sunday's @DJournalnow for #Tupelo mayoral profiles on @FredPittsTupelo and @jasonfortupelo 3 hours ago