Itawamba Community College has scheduled QuickConnect, a come-and-go session for registration and orientation, from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., July 10 and 22, at the Student Affairs offices on both the Fulton and Tupelo campuses. New ICC students including adult learners and transfer students are urged to participate in this opportunity by attending one of the sessions. […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Monroe County Journal in North Mississippi
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal HOOVER, Ala. – For Chris Jones, a bumpy recruiting road stabilized rather quickly once it ended in Starkville. Maybe the country’s hottest topic leading up to Mississippi State’s 2013 recruiting class, Jones emphatically put all the drama behind him as soon as the first collegiate ball of his career kicked […]
STARKVILLE – Mississippi State University has released the 2014 spring graduation list for students from the readership area. Honor graduates include all bachelor-degree candidates with exceptional scholastic averages and at least half the total required course hours earned at MSU. Their specific levels of recognition and the minimum required averages for each, based on a […]
SENATOBIA – Brennan Pugh will continue his baseball career after Northwest, with the sophomore second baseman from Houston signing to play for the Williams Baptist College Eagles next season. Pugh, the son of Calhoun County natives Lee and Millette Nabors of Houston, is the 12th Ranger to sign or commit to a four-year school from […]
HOUSTON – It might seem like a little thing to homeowners but it means a lot to city workers and emergency personnel. The lack of visible house numbers on residences inside the city limits of Houston was brought up by Public Works supervisor Ricko Nichols in the July 1 board of aldermen meeting and its […]
Officials with the Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department have released a list of 19 suspects arrested as part of a roundup of people indicted through the Itawamba County Grand Jury. Suspects and their charges included: Henry Ashby – sale of cocaine Elvis Blankenship – conspiracy to sell methamphetamine; sale of methamphetamine; and possession of methamphetamine Beau […]
THORN – A Chickasaw County man has died as the results of injuries he received after his vehicle hit a horse on a county road west of Houston Monday morning. Emergency crews were called to County Road 20 in the Thorn Community about 3 a.m. after a small pickup allegedly hit a horse. The driver […]
HOUSTON – Putting inmates to work sorting items for recycling was presented to Chickasaw County Supervisors recently and the first order of business is finding a site. Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility Warden Brand Huffman said the idea of putting inmates to work at a recycling center run by the correctional facility is not new, […]
HOUSTON – Keeping kids busy helps keep them out of trouble and John Gravat is determined to offer something for every child and youth in the Houston area. Gravat spoke to the Houston Exchange Club June 27, describing some of the programs that are currently offered. “Right now, we have baseball and softball,” Gravat said. […]
OKOLONA – Chickasaw County Supervisors are reimbursed for 25-miles of travel a month and District 3 Supervisor Russell Brooks does not think that is enough. Brooks said that only amounts to about 300 miles a year and he didn’t feel that was adequate to monitor road construction projects in his district and to drive back […]
OXFORD – The University of Mississippi has released the names of students on its Spring 2014 honor roll. Undergraduate students who earn a semester GPA of 3.50-3.74 will be listed on the Dean’s Honor Roll; those who earn a semester GPA of 3.75-4.00 will be listed on the Chancellor’s Honor Roll. To be eligible for […]
“I have planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.” 1 Cor. 3:6 You can’t play team sports like soccer,football,basketball, or baseball, if you have not learned how to be part of a team. The only way to reach your maximum potential is by realizing that every person has a role to play in winning […]
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Bradley and Chadley Brassfield, sons of Chester and Robbie Brassfield of Houston, made the move to Nashville, Tenn., four years ago to pursue careers as recording artists in country music. They teamed up with singer/songwriter Aly Cutter and together they formed the harmonious trio Brassfield Aly. They’re currently produced by hit-songwriter Kenny […]
Greetings to the best readers anywhere! Thanks for the input you provide me. I hope all of you enjoyed the Fourth of July Holidays. Ann and I spent our time in the town of Bruce that we call home. The Town Square was filled for Throwback Thursday. There appeared to be a good crowd present […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago