Special to the Chickasaw Journal GRAIN VALLEY, Mo. – Stan Hamby, of Houston, has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) for 30 years of safe, accident-free driving of a commercial tractor-trailer. The OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program is sponsored by Shell Rotella and is designed to recognize and reward OOIDA […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Chickasaw Journal in North Mississippi
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Houston Police picked up two Houston Middle School students Thursday and have charged them with bringing a weapon to school. They were released to the custody of their parents. “It appears the two brought a pellet gun to school and it was spotted by another student,” said […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON- Houston School District Superintendent Tony Cook and Houston Lower Elementary School Principal Robert Winters have released their respective lists for the third nine-week grading period of the 2015-2016 school year. Students named to the superintendent’s List scored 93 or above and received all “A’s” on their Third Nine […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Chickasaw County School District teacher Brigit Burt was among four finalists for the 2016 Mississippi Teacher of the Year, and recently traveled to Jackson to be honored for her work at Houlka schools. Burt is a sixth grade Reading and Language Arts teacher […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – Three former Mississippi State baseball players are included on 2016 Major League Baseball Opening Day rosters, along with three former Diamond Dawgs serving in managerial or coaching roles. Jonathan Papelbon (Washington Nationals), Kendall Graveman (Oakland Athletics) and Mitch Moreland (Texas Rangers) are all on active rosters for the […]
Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It was senior night for the Houston Lady Hilltoppers, and as they celebrated the two seniors, they also faced a tough opponent with the undefeated East Webster Lady Wolverines in town. Despite a good showing by Houston, the Lady Wolverines were able to pull away, […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Several area residents will be inducted into Phi Theta Kappa at Itawamba Community College in a formal ceremony at 6 p.m., Mar. 29, in the W.O. Benjamin Fine Arts Center auditorium at the Fulton Campus. The joint ceremony will include members of both the Beta Tau Sigma chapter […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Mayor and City Council held a public hearing at 6 p.m. at Rockwell-Green City Auditorium Tuesday, April 5, to discuss three privately-owned blighted properties located alongside each other on West Main Street in Okolona. No action was taken following the hearing, which is […]
Dear Editor, I want to express the excitement I have on becoming the new leader of the Houston football program. This is something I have dreamed about since I was a miniature Topper. It is an honor to be an integral part of this community and a contributor to future success in this community. I […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The following children were chosen Student of the Week at Houston Upper Elementary School for Feb. 8 through Feb. 12, 2016. They are listed by teacher’s last name and student’s full name. Third Grade Brock Miracle Morgan McFarland Denasia McGregory Moss Shanyyh Buford Owens Omarion Hammond […]
It’s that most wonderful day of the year! Come on, sing for Tax Day 2016! Hmmm, I don’t hear any pages turning in the hymnals to this grand old song. Actually, it’s not in any hymnals and if you are like most Americans you did not want to sing on April 18. Normally, it’s April […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure’s 400-mile fundraising and awareness ride down Natchez Trace Parkway hit Houston last week with orange-clad cyclist peddling into town. The Tanglefoot Trail and Natchez Trace make Houston a favorite of cyclist and the Fuller Center crew spent last week in Northeast […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Itawamba Community College tennis team wanted Houston’s Ezra Blissard and one of the state’s top high school tennis players was glad to sign on. Blissard, the 2015 State 4A Singles Champion, inked the dotted line last week and will play his college ball with Itawamba […]
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago