Daily Journal A prescribed burn is scheduled along the Natchez Trace Parkway in Chickasaw County this weekend. The fire will be at Hernando de Soto today and Saturday, between mile markers 243.2 and 245.9. The burn will help reduce hazardous fuel loadings and restore open woodlands that were historically present. There are no closures anticipated […]
Archive | Living RSS feed for this section
Living Section – Family, Cooking, Fitness, Life, Love and Loss | Monroe County Journal
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Baseball Ripley 8, Amory 3 Amory 12, Booneville 3 Walnut 6, Baldwyn 2 Alcorn Central 10, Hatley 0 North Pontotoc 3, Ingomar 2 Myrtle 8, Blue Mountain 1 East Union 11, Mantachie 1 West Union 11, Vina, Ala. 1 Pontotoc 18, Belmont 1 Houston 10, Louisville 0 Softball South […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Junior Molly K. May, center, was crowned Miss Maroon & White for 2016 during a Thursday, March 10 campus program at Mississippi State. May is a communication/public relations major from Houston and a graduate of Houston High School. She is the daughter of Debra May and Glen Bingham Also selected […]
By Parrish Alford Daily Journal TUPELO – Robert Cleckler Bowden, better known as Bobby, says he embraced a reputation as the coach of second chances during his 34-year run at Florida State. It wasn’t always the most popular approach to coaching football, but it was the right approach, he says, because it was right […]
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” First Amendment to the United States Constitution. It is the […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal Another NFL hopeful from Mississippi State has been arrested. Former Bulldog and Houston High School defensive lineman Chris Jones was charged with speeding and driving with a suspended license following a traffic stop in Starkville on Wednesday. Jones was pulled over for speeding along Blackjack Road at 2:22 p.m. and […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – For the second straight year, Mississippi State has advanced to the NCAA Tournament. This time, however, the 15th-ranked Bulldogs will be dancing at home. And on the distant horizon is the defending national champ. For the first time, Starkville will play host to the first two rounds of […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) Fisheries Bureau announced new crappie regulations on Arkabutla, Enid, Sardis, and Grenada Lakes, also known as the Flood Control Reservoirs (FCRs), and Eagle Lake. The new regulations on the FCRs, which became effective July 22, 2015, consist of […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Senate leadership is proposing a $40 million increase in the Mississippi Adequate Education Program, which provides the state’s share of the basics to operate local school districts. The Legislature is in the process of passing the first round of more than 100 budget bills as it […]
STARKVILLE (AP) – Former Mississippi State quarterback and NFL draft prospect Dak Prescott took two inconclusive breathalyzer tests following a traffic stop for speeding on Saturday night. Prescott was arrested and charged with speeding and driving under the influence in Starkville. His first court appearance is scheduled for April 11. Police records state that Prescott […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – A vehicle to develop and pay for a plan to address the state’s and local governments’ infrastructure needs is alive in the legislative process. But at this point all that vehicle – or bill – does is keep all the code sections alive, including all taxing […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The Senate Transportation Committee is scheduled to vote this morning on a proposal that would increase the tax on motor fuel about 12 cents per gallon (at today’s prices) to fund road and bridge repairs throughout the state. Senate Transportation Chairman Willie Simmons, D-Cleveland, presented […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Former Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott was arrested and charged with driving under the influence early Saturday morning in Starkville. According to the Starkville Police Department, Prescott was pulled over around 12:45 a.m. near the Cotton District driving a 2016 white Cadillac Escalade and arrested for DUI. The […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – It started in court and will end up in court again, but in the mean time it makes for interesting video. A Houlka policeman has been charged with simple assault and a Houlka woman has been charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest following an incident outside Houlka […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago