Vandalism is a part of doing business with the world. It is sad to say there are people who get a certain amount or pleasure or entertainment out of tearing up public property. We find that a sad way to live life. We also understand it is a crime. This newspaper was called this week […]
Archive | Living RSS feed for this section
Living Section – Family, Cooking, Fitness, Life, Love and Loss | Monroe County Journal
By Emma Crawford Kent Daily Journal TUPELO – With a charter school expansion officially signed into law by Gov. Phil Bryant this week, local school district leaders are trying to determine how the changes will impact their schools and students. The amendments to the Mississippi Charter School Act of 2013 allow students in any C, […]
By Bobby Harrison Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – Chickasaw County school districts consolidation, which looked to be a certainty at one point during the 2016 legislative session, will be delayed until at least 2017. The House, by a 100-16 vote Wednesday, sent to Gov. Phil Bryant legislation to establish a 10-member […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – They cleaned the streets of Houston Saturday and they need your help to keep them that way. Volunteers and Chickasaw County inmates fanned out across the community and picked up 168 bags of trash as part of the Chickasaw Development Foundation and Houston Downtown Association’s Trash Bash. […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State climbed to No. 2 in the D1baseball.com national rankings on Monday after its weekend series win at previously top-ranked Florida. The Diamond Dogs (23-9-1), No. 5 a week ago, snapped the Gators’ 29-game winning streak at home with 10-4 and 2-1 victories on the final two […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal AMORY – The end of a 15-season era that launched huge musical careers and attracted billions of viewers came down to two Mississippians Thursday, and a 25-year-old from Amory with a dream of giving people a piece of music came out the winner. Since the season premiere […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Chickasaw County school districts consolidation, which looked to be a certainty at one point during the 2016 legislative session, will be delayed until at least 2017. The House, by a 100-16 vote Wednesday, sent to Gov. Phil Bryant legislation to establish a 10-member Commission […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal Like celebrity judge Jennifer Lopez predicted weeks ago, Amory musician Trent Harmon will join fellow Mississippian La’Porsha Renae Thursday for the “American Idol” series finale. Dallas musician Dalton Rapattoni was eliminated. In a night of three songs to determine who will be named the last “American Idol” Wednesday, Harmon […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal Last week, Amory musician Trent Harmon stunned audiences and celebrity judges with Sia’s “Chandelier” and his rendition of ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man,” to the point that his recording of the latter cracked the Top 40 downloads on iTunes. Following his performance of Chris Stapleton’s “Tennessee Whiskey,” his fate […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The merger of the three school districts in Chickasaw County will be delayed for at least a year under legislation that is pending before the House. In the coming days, the House can send the proposal to Gov. Phil Bryant or invite a conference committee with […]
By Michaela Gibson Morris Daily Journal TUPELO – A second Mississippi resident who traveled to Haiti has tested positive for the Zika virus. The Mississippi State Department of Health on Friday confirmed a Noxubee County resident had become ill with the mosquito-borne virus. The first case was reported Thursday in a Madison County resident. University […]
By Caleb Bedillion Daily Journal TUPELO – Legislation to renew a state tax credit that supports the preservation of historic buildings has passed the Mississippi House and Senate though a leading preservation organization has concerns about changes to the program introduced by the Senate bill. The tax credit program has reached its funding limit of […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – Northeast Mississippi is under a freeze warning as freezing temperatures and frost are expected to hit the area late tonight and early Monday morning. The National Weather Service issued a freeze warning Sunday for the region saying temperatures are expected to drop to 30 to […]
Daily Journal A prescribed burn is scheduled along the Natchez Trace Parkway in Chickasaw County this weekend. The fire will be at Hernando de Soto today and Saturday, between mile markers 243.2 and 245.9. The burn will help reduce hazardous fuel loadings and restore open woodlands that were historically present. There are no closures anticipated […]
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago