The U.S. Department of Interior and National Parks Services has named the Tanglefoot Trail as one of 10 in the nation to be designated as a National Recreation Trail. That’s a pretty high honor for our trail that opened in October 2012 and has yet to mark its third birthday. “By designating these exceptional trails […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Business News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A thieves attempting to rob a person making a night deposit at a downtown bank were foiled by alert policeman who then chased a suspect vehicle out of town Saturday night. Police Chief Billy Voyles said a woman was making a deposit for a business about […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – The numbers have been known for years: Kids who don’t finish high school and get some type of post secondary education find success and the good life difficult to attain. Speakers at the 20th Annual State of the Region meeting at the BancorpSouth Conference Center repeatedly […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – There are dollars to be made on the Internet but only if your business has the right connections, right approach and right market in mind. Thrive Marketing will host a digital marketing workshop for area businesses on Tuesday, June 9 at the Houston Civic Center in Joe Brigance […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Give farmers an inch and they will plant a mile. Chickasaw County producers need about a week of dry weather to finish up planting and give newly plowed fields a chance to grow out of that critical emergence stage. “It’s no surprise to anyone that we have had too much rain […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – There are dollars to be made on the Internet but only if your business has the right connection, right approach and right access. Thrive Marketing will host a digital marketing workshop for area businesses on Tuesday, June 9 at the Houston Civic Center in Joe Brigance Park. The […]
“It was the third of June, another sleepy, dusty Delta day…” That is the wonderful opening line to one of the best-selling and best tunes of the 1960s, Bobbie Gentry’s hauntingly beautiful “Ode to Billie Joe.” Outwardly the song is a mystery about the nature of a relationship between a young girl and a boy […]
Sp ecial to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Republican Trent Kelly won the race for Mississippi’s 1st Congressional District but Chickasaw County Democrats did not give up without a fight. The Saltillo District Attorney easily defeated Democrat Howard Zinn in the overall Northeast Mississippi race and will now fill the post of former Congressman […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Family and friends of Houston High School students gathered in the school auditorium May 19, to watch the awarding of scholarships and certificates for 2015. The following awards were given: BancorpSouth Academic Achievement These awards are given to students in grades 10-12 who have earned an overall […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Four individuals are under arrest after approaching a woman Saturday night at the BancorpSouth branch in Houston. Dvante Randle and Shikasmine Walker, both of Una, and Eddious Webb of Mantee, are accused of attempting to rob the woman as she deposited money at the bank. A fourth […]
Hundreds of our young men and women from Houston, Okolona and Houlka graduated from high school this week. They lined up in their caps and gown and strolled across the floor or field to pick up their high school diploma as their full name was called over the public address system. While parents and grandparents […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A thief or thieves attempting to rob a person making a night deposit at a downtown bank were foiled by alert police who then chased a suspect vehicle out of town Saturday night. Police Chief Billy Voyles said a woman was making a deposit for a business […]
Time was when it was rare that folks would dare engage in partisan political discussions within the confines of a Christian church. Certainly the advice offered by many a wise sage to avoid discussion of politics or religion with friends was especially observed in the Lord’s house. The fact that the mythical wall that had […]
Winning isn’t everything, but it sure is a lot better than losing. The 2014 Houston Hilltopper baseball team was defeated by St. Stanislaus Friday night and we hated that loss just as much as the boys on the field. If the umpire had seen the Game Two slide at third the way church-going folk in […]
- THE NUMBERS: Tourism tax vote fails August 22, 2015
- MSU professor to lead national beef organization August 25, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- UPDATED WEEK 2: High School Football Scores August 28, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Capsules August 28, 2015
- Training for the worst August 28, 2015
- MSU student threats lead to lockdown, arrest August 28, 2015
- Two solar farms sprout in Chickasaw County August 28, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago