By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Did you really think there would be school today? With Wednesday’s snowfall dropping over 8-inches on roads in Chickasaw County, Northeast Mississippi school districts, businesses and institutions have begun announcing closings for Thursday. The following school districts will be closed: * Calhoun County Schools * Calhoun Academy * Chickasaw […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Business News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
The Houston Band is having a catfish/chicken dinner fundraiser on March 6 and the community urged to by their tickets now. Seafood Junction will serve up hot plates for $12 each with the choice of chicken or fish. Both plates will include meat, fries, slaw and hush puppies. Pick up will be at Houston Middle […]
By Joe Rutherford Daily Journal Northeast Mississippians should expect winter storm conditions Wednesday, with snow accumulations of 4 inches near Tupelo and 5 to 6 inches in counties to the south, the National Weather Service in Memphis forecast late Tuesday afternoon. A light rain began in Houston about 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. All Chickasaw County schools […]
HOUSTON – the Houston Flywheel Festival keeps getting bigger and better and the vendors who sell everything from homemade icecream and funnel cakes to artwork and T-shirts are a big part of that success. The spring show two years ago saw over 4,000 people pack Joe Brigance Park for two days of food, fun and […]
HOUSTON – It was a simple signature but it covers the complex management of water, agriculture, industry, transportation and economic development in a 12-county area. Chicksasaw County’s Rayburn Parks was named a member of the Tombigbee River Valley Water Management District in December and he joins a board charged with working with local, state and […]
HOUSTON – Teaching middle school kids may be the toughest post in teaching, but it is so critical from moving boys and girls into the world of young men and women. Houston Middle School Principal Tony Horton said helping students make the transition from bright-eyed elementary school kids to goal-oriented high school students with a […]
JACKSON (AP) – The National Weather Service says parts of northern and central Mississippi could see slick roads and bridges as temperatures drop. Meteorologists say freezing rain is possible late Sunday and early Monday in parts of the metro Jackson area and in Vicksburg, Greenville, Greenwood and Columbus. Up to a half inch of snow […]
HOUSTON – It will be a lot of fun, but there will be some work too, as Houston hosts a Community Blitz Sunday and two days next week to gather input on developing the trailhead of the Tanglefoot Trail. The fun starts at noon Sunday with a bike parade from Pinson Square to the Tanglefoot […]
JACKSON — Landowners, managers and hunters wanting to learn how to develop their land for turkey and quail can take part in a seminar on Feb. 27. The Mississippi State University Extension Service and the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks are organizing the workshop, which will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Mississippi […]
VERONA — Mississippi State University’s North Mississippi Research and Extension Center will host its annual Producer Advisory Council meeting Feb. 19 in Verona. Agricultural clients will meet with representatives from the MSU Extension Service and the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station to discuss education and research needs. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. at the […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Historical and Genealogical Society is striving to have programs of interest to all citizens with several projects in the planning stages, starting with Brigadier General (Ret.) Gary Huffman. “We are honored to have General Huffman to speak at the Houston Civic Center on Starkville Road on two dates, Feb. 26 […]
VARDAMAN – The profit is just pennies, but the service to the community is priceless. Mounce Supermarket in Vardaman is the seventh Village Post Office to open in Mississippi and will provide its customers with everything from P.O. boxes and stamps to prepaid mail flats and mail collection. “This is a good day for Vardaman […]
HOULKA – Chickasaw County School Board Trustees are trying to figure out which comes first – the chicken or the egg. Trustees wrestled with a decision to approve design development drawings and plans without knowing exactly how much their insurance company would pay for heating and air conditioning and other items to rebuild Houlka Attendance […]
Daily Journal Gov. Phil Bryant has issued a state of emergency ahead of winter weather forecast to affect portions of north Mississippi tonight through Monday. The National Weather Service believes the extreme northern counties near the Tennessee state line could see as much as three quarters of an inch of ice from freezing rain. This […]
- Battle of Egypt marked and remembered March 22, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago