HOUSTON – When you see the men in the yellow suits, it’s not normally a good day. But May 20 will be a good day for the Houston Fire Department and the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency to host a hazardous material drill on Harrington Street. “We wanted to inform the public ahead of time [...]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Business News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
HOUSTON — Habitat for Humanity of Houston is seeking applicants for homes currently planned for construction. Persons who are interested in being considered should call Rev. Randy Rinehart at 542-1911 to begin the application process. All information submitted to Habitat for Humanity is confidential. Habitat does have legal guidelines to follow and a tried-and-true process [...]
HOUSTON – The play a major role in city services, but most residents never see them or give them a second thought. Houston has embarked on a downtown water improvement project that will see new water valves and selected water mains replaced. “Those pipes are incredibly old in some places and we have tired for [...]
OKOLONA – A multi-vehicle accident Wednesday night on U.S. Highway 45 near Egypt has killed the driver of an 18-wheeler and sent several area residents to the hospital. Five people were also transported to local hospitals, including a six-month-old infant, following the three-vehicle wreck that blocked the highway for a little more than an hour. [...]
No other physical attribute says more about your health than good looking skin and nothing helps give you that glow like a healthy tan. Jamaican-Me-Tan can give its customers that wholesome and healthy look and also provide you with the moisturizers to protect your tan and the perfect piece of jewelry to highlight your skin [...]
HOUSTON – Austin Reeves heads to Nebraska in June to compete in the National 4-H Shooting Sports competition in .22-caliber and he was on the range in district competition in both .22 and shotgun recently honing his skills . Reeves was one of 27 youngsters from Chickasaw County competing in .22-caliber rifle, air-rifle, shotgun [...]
OKOLONA – The MSBA Prospective Superintendent Leadership Academy (PSLA) has successfully concluded its first year with two administrators from Okolona graduating the class. Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green and Dr. Loretta Shird, Coordinator of Federal Programs for Okolona schools were among a total of 22 administrators from 17 school districts who completed PSLA requirements. The training [...]
by Dennis Seid NEMS Daily Journal TUPELO – The spring Tupelo Furniture Market will be held in January, a move that should please many – but not all – buyers and exhibitors. Originally scheduled for mid-February, the spring market will be held Jan. 16-19, market officials confirmed Monday. “It gets us ahead of tax season,” [...]
HOULKA – They only allow 10 people per team at the Mississippi Organ Recovery/Donate Life Mississippi 5K. So the team from Houlka picked 10 people, formed a cheer-leading squad and even carried their own fans who sat in chairs and pulled for the home team as they honored the memory of Mekenzie Young, an 8-year-old [...]
There are lots of furniture factories in Chickasaw County but few that have been around since 1976. Dixieland Furniture Manufacturing opened 37 years ago making sofas, loveseats and chairs and has found their niche in a industry with lots of ups and downs. The company continues to make upholstered furniture at the factory east of [...]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Due to the elections Tuesday, some home delivery and newsstand delivery may delayed this morning. The Chickasaw Journal strives to bring you the most updated information possible and reporters worked last night to get results so they could be included in today’s May 8 edition. Subscribers who do not [...]
HOUSTON – With races for Mayor, Chief of Police and two aldermen up for grabs, there was a steady turnout at the polls for city elections Tuesday. Races saw eight candidates busy yesterday making last minute pleas for votes and handing out campaign cards at the Chickasaw Development Foundation community center, the city’s lone voting [...]
OKOLONA – Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green was formally welcomed to town Sunday with a reception for the new head of Okolona schools and his family. Green, who has only been the city’s top educator for 32 days, said Okolona already feels like home and he has already made friends that he calls family. “As [...]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s [...]
- Okolona officer on trial in Houston courthouse May 20, 2013
- Wilson Craig May 18, 2013
- Vernon Mooneyham May 18, 2013
- Houston Lady Toppers need two wins today May 18, 2013
- Harper shuts down East Webster Lady Wolverines May 18, 2013
- Okolona officer on trial in Houston courthouse May 20, 2013
- Andrews Shields May 20, 2013
- Anna Spratlin May 20, 2013
- EMA, Houston Fire Department to conduct HazMat exercise. May 20, 2013
- Brown celebrates a century May 19, 2013
- Brenda Summers: R.I.P. my brother, JL Wofford, he was a beautiful ...
- Jeanette Marsh: What is the scheduled date of opening. There have...
- air jordan 2 u: Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Really G...
- William Brownlee: To Whom this may concerns, My name is William Bro...
- C Jackman: Sorry for the loss of your loved one. May the Alm...
Northeast Mississippi's news source
Tweeting since April 20, 2009
- EMA, Houston Fire Department to conduct HazMat exercise | Chickasaw Journal http://t.co/7GIk49zCiQ 4 hours ago
- UPDATES - Okolona officer on trial in Houston courthouse http://t.co/6zjG7Cfy7y 4 hours ago
- RT @davidbrandtap: Mississippi State moves up to No. 16 in the latest Baseball America poll. Ole Miss drops out. http://t.co/aasKtB0PwH 3 hours ago
- Local probationer caught in central Florida http://t.co/KUv9weCQDz 3 hours ago
- Supreme Court won't get involved in Miss. redistricting http://t.co/VjsvZF16P5 3 hours ago