By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood of Chickasaw County, Mississippi’s sole statewide elected Democrat, has confirmed that he has qualified to seek re-election. The qualifying deadline is Feb. 27, and the three-term attorney general has caused some speculation by not committing earlier to a re-election effort. Thus far no […]
About Brad LockeI am the online content coordinator for DJournal.com. Previously at the Journal, I covered Mississippi State athletics (2008-13), high schools (2004-08), and was on the copy desk (2002-04). I'm working on a recipe for bacon-flavored coffee, which would solve all the world's problems.
Author Archive | Brad Locke
Daily Journal TUPELO – Visitors on the Natchez Trace Parkway spent nearly $126 million and help support more than 1,550 jobs, according to a new National Park Service report. The report for 2012 showed that 5.6 million recreational visitors to the Parkway spent more than $22 each, contributing $125.9 million in the communities surrounding the […]
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Ice, sleet accumulation expected tonight in region March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...