SILVER ALERT: Willie C. “Doc” Harries
Local and state authorities are looking for a Houston man that has not been seen since Saturday.
Willie C. “Doc” Harries was last seen Saturday, Aug. 23, at 5 p.m. in the Wofford Drive area, a northern neighborhood in Houston.
He was on foot and wearing a multi-colored shirt and blue jeans. He is described as a black male, partially bald, 5-foot, 9-inches tall and weighing 158 pounds with brown eyes.
“We had a report that he was seen walking near a church in the Gladney Subdivision this morning,” said Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles. “We have gone door to door in the neighborhood trying to get the word out.”
Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon said family members indicated Harris suffers from medical issues that could affect his mental capacity.
“We hope we get a call from someone saying he has been at their house all day,” said Harmon. “The heat is an issue and we just want to locate him as soon as possible.”
Authorities are asking anyone who has information regarding the whereabouts of Harries, to please contact Chickasaw 911 Dispatch at 662-456-9411, immediately.
Chickasaw County 911 issued an all-points-bulletin to county, city and emergency personnel at 11:21 a.m. Sunday and established a command center on Okolona Cutoff to direct the search.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol issued a Silver Alert for 72-year-old Willie C. Harries at 2:33 p.m.
Both Harmon and Voyles thanked the searchers from surrounding volunteer fire departments for responding Sunday morning and helping them pull together a 25-person search team in a matter of minutes.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago