Color For A Cause is Saturday
Color for a Cause gets underway with registration at 7:30 a.m., to run a short route or the “Long Haul” that will see runners coated with colors as they raise money for area organizations. The race has a tentative start time of 9:15 a.m., with the last group through the gate about 10:30 p.m.
“Color runs are sweeping the country and they held one in Tupelo that was a big success,” said Will Montgomery, Color For A Cause Run Director and a member of the Tourism Committee of the Chickasaw Development Foundation. “The concept is to get people to run a course where they are dusted with color and then take part in a celebration.”
Montgomery said the goal is to raise approximately $1,000 for each charity. The registration cost is $40 with kids 12-and-under running free.
“This run/walk event is a color-filled explosion fun-run designed to benefit a range of regional and local charities,” he said. “The proceeds from each person’s registration fee will go to benefit their selected charity of choice. We estimate between $8 – $12 from each registration fee will go to the selected charities.”
The Tupelo color run saw more than 4,000 runners come to town. Montgomery said he hopes to bring 500 runners to Houston and hopes it will become an annual event as people catch-on to the fun.
“Runners will arrive in white T-shirts and end up looking as if they’ve run through a rainbow,” said Montgomery. “Participants can choose to run the short (1.5 mile) or long course (3.2 mile). This allows more flexibility for parents with kids or adults who may not wish to run the whole course.
Throughout the course are three color stations that runners can choose to participate in and be blasted by color:
- Dance Off Color Station – Runners can perform their favorite dance moves and do the limbo bar.
- Gymnastics / Obstacle Course Color Station – Runners can flip, roll, do cartwheels, and complete simple obstacles while color falls from the sky.
- Color Angel Color Station – Ever made Snow Angels? Runners can make Color Angels at the Color Run. Flap your wings and experience the thrill of pure color.
The run will be followed by music, the food court, kid’s games, and the Charity Awards Ceremony. Plans are for it to all wrap up by noon.
Current charity partners are:
- Yocona Area Council – Boy Scouts of America
- Heart of the South Council – Girl Scouts
- Boys and Girls Clubs of North MS
- Palmer Home for Children
- Okolona Dollars for Scholars Program
- Houston Free Clinic and Dr. Victor Horn
- Chickasaw County 4-H
- Relay for Life – MidSouth Division
“We need people to sign up and we are always looking for businesses, industry or individuals who want to help,” said Montgomery. “This has the potential to be a lot of fun and help a lot of people.”
For more information about Color For A Cause, contact Montgomery at 662-507-1515 or email him at email@example.com
Runners can also visit www.colorforacauserun.com and click the register button.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun April 21, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- ICC Phi Theta Kappa inductees named. April 25, 2016
- Houston makes softball playoffs April 25, 2016
- Three diamond Dawgs on MLB rosters April 25, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago