Enon Hunt Club to host sheet shoot
The event will see participants shoot five shots from five stations from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the range east of Houston. The club is urging family to bring their children to this event that will see trophies and prizes in three age groups.
“We hope people will come out and have a little fun,” said Bill Klauser, event spokesman. “We’ve got three age groups for kids and adults can shoot for bragging rights.”
Klauser said shooters should bring their own gun and shells and all youth under the age of 18 should be accompanied by an adult. There is a $5 entry fee.
“We will have people out there who will be glad to provide their gun for youngsters to shoot, if they bring an adult,” said Klauser. “This is more about the kids and having a little fun than anything else.
Age groups are:
Prizes and trophies will only be given to youth shooting in the event.
Klauser said there will be good shots and no-so-good shots at the event and it is open to the public.
“We will also have food available,” said Klauser. “We hope people will come out, enjoy the shoot and have a good time with us.”
Klauser said the club has held this event before and they are hoping for between 45 and 50 kids.
Shooters should take Highway 8 East to Enon Road and follow the signs.
For more information and details on the shoot contact Klauser at 456-4313.
Mississippi dove hunters will see more days to hunt dove this season with 20 extra days added by the Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks.
Season dates for the North Zone, which includes Chickasaw County are as follows: September 1 – September 21; October 4 – November 9; and December 15 – January 15, 2015 for a 90-day total dove hunting season.
Mississippi has a 15-bird daily bag limit for mourning and white-winged doves. The possession limit is 45 birds.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago