Bulldogs unveil non-SEC basketball slate
The Bulldogs released their 13-game non-conference slate on Wednesday. It features eight home outings and another at Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson on Dec. 20 against South Carolina Upstate.
MSU will welcome Western Carolina, Mississippi Valley State, Utah State, Clayton State, Arkansas State, Jacksonville, McNeese State and Florida State to Humphrey Coliseum.
The Bulldogs will travel to Tulane and Oregon State while also participating in the Corpus Christi Challenge against St. Louis and Bradley or TCU. The Mississippi Valley State and Clayton State games are also associated with the Corpus Christi Challenge.
“Our non-conference schedule is an indication of the direction of our program,” Ray said in a statement. “As our team matures and our talent level increases, our schedule reflects the belief in my team to accept bigger and better challenges. I also want to provide a great fan experience by having a team of the caliber of Florida State come in and play in The Hump. This schedule will not only prepare us for the SEC but also prepare us to have success in the SEC.”
State will play Delta State in an exhibition game in Starkville on Nov. 6 at 7 p.m. as part of homecoming weekend.
The Bulldogs will open the 2014-15 season on Nov. 14 against Western Carolina at 5:30 p.m.
Western Carolina, Clayton State and S.C.-Upstate will all be first-time opponents for Mississippi State.
During his first two seasons, Ray has posted a 17-12 non-conference record including an 11-4 mark last season. The Bulldogs are 12-2 at home in non-conference action under Ray.
Nov. 6 Delta State 7 p.m.
Nov. 14 Western Carolina 5:30 p.m.
Nov. 17 Mississippi Valley State 7 p.m.
Nov. 22 Utah State 2 p.m.
Nov. 24 Clayton State 7 p.m.
Nov. 28 St. Louis (at Corpus Christi, Texas)
Nov. 29 Bradley/TCU (at Corpus Christi, Texas)
Dec. 6 at Tulane TBA
Dec. 13 at Oregon State TBA
Dec. 17 Arkansas State 7 p.m.
Dec. 20 SC Upstate 3 p.m. (at Jackson)
Dec. 23 Jacksonville 7 p.m.
Dec. 30 McNeese State 7 p.m.
Jan. 2 Florida State 7 p.m.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago