Fall Fun Day seeks volunteers
The Chickasaw County 4-H Clubs are heading up a community service project called “Fall Fun & Games Day” which will be held on Oct. 31, at the Chickasaw County Agri-Center in Houston.
This day is held for “special needs” students attending the Houston School District and Chickasaw County School in Houlka.
“We are now including the Region III Helping Hands Clubhouse in our activities; therefore we need more donations in order to include them in the day,” said Angie Abrams, Chickasaw County 4-H Director. “This day gives them an opportunity to participate in the activities, lunch, and be a part of something special.
“This is a free day of fun and games, horse rides, educational activities, lunch, and other activities for these children and teachers to enjoy,” said Abrams. “This is the 15th year for this special day to be held for the students.
Over 200 students, teachers, clients, and volunteers attend Fun Day in 2013.
“We are anticipating at least that many to attend the day this year.” said Abrams. “The ‘Fall Fun & Games Day’ is totally sponsored by donations from civic organizations, area businesses, and volunteers. We would appreciate any items or money that you could give to make this day a success.”
For more information about “Fun Day” please contact Abrams at 456-4269 or go by the Chickasaw County Extension Service offices at 415 Lee Horn Drive.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago