Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona
Okolona Assistant Police Chief Dwight Parker said authorities arrested Quentin Horton, 32, of Okolona, on charges of armed robbery and he is currently in the Chickasaw County Jail. Okolona Justice Court Judge Judy Posey set Horton’s bond at $50,000. Horton is also on hold for the Mississippi Department of Corrections for a possible parole violation.
Parker said Horton allegedly entered Dodge’s Store on Highway 245 about 12:18 a.m., Thursday and took approximately $750 in cash. Parker said Horton was allegedly armed with a knife.
Witnesses told authorities the robber was wearing a mask, hoodie and black pants. After grabbing the cash he fled the scene.
Parker said Horton had been staying at the Okolona Motel.
“I do want to thank the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department and especially deputies Unshy Randle, Jimmy Rappe and Adam Harmon with helping us in this investigation,” said Parker. “They worked very hard in helping us apprehend the suspect and most of the money has been recovered.”
Man arrested for rustling
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A Houston man has been arrested for allegedly stealing livestock in Monroe County.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested William Rashad Wilson, 26, of Houston on Tuesday on the charge of livestock theft. Wilson is accused of stealing cattle from a farm on Camargo Road earlier this month.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said their investigation alleges Wilson took the cattle from a man Wilson worked for and then sold them with the understanding the cattle belonged to Wilson.
“We got to checking into the theft and the cattle were taken to a stockyard in Houston where they were sold,” said Cantrell. “Our investigation has revealed Mr. Wilson got a check for $5,423 for those animals.”
Cantrell said Tuesday afternoon Wilson had not been arraigned and bond had not been set.
Wilson is currently being housed at Monroe County Detention Center.
Conviction for first offense of cattle thefts carries a maximum of up to a $1,000 fine and up to five years in jail. A second conviction can carry a $5,000 fine and up to 20 years in jail.
VFD Chief indicted
JACKSON- State Auditor Stacey Pickering announced today that Jerry Warren, the former Fire Chief of the Southwest Covington County Volunteer Fire Department (SCCVFD), has been indicted on one count of grand larceny by a Covington County grand jury.
Warren was served and arrested by OSA Special Agents and Covington County Sheriff’s Deputies on Friday. He has been released on a $5,000 bond.
Warren, 41, is accused of embezzling nearly $10,000 from SCCVFD dating back to 2009 by making cash withdrawals totaling $9,450.38 from two separate bank accounts, while also making unauthorized personal purchases totaling $356.97.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago