Houston FFA places at State Contest Day
STARKVILLE – After a rough and very early morning due to the weather and no power on April 4, 20 Houston FFA members competed at the Mississippi FFA State Contest Day held at Mississippi State University.
All six teams from Houston placed in the top ten. Of those, two teams came home with a trophy and plaque.
The Jr. Poultry Evaluation team are the state champions. The Jr. Poultry Evaluation team judged the interior and exterior quality of eggs and chicken carcases. These members also had to grade the eggs and carcases.
The Agronomy team brought home second place again. The Agronomy contest consists of identifying seeds, crops and weeds, a test and a presentation on wheat.
Both Jr. and Sr. Dairy Evaluation teams placed fourth in the State. In the Dairy Evaluation contest, teams must judge a set of Holstein or Jersey Dairy cattle and give oral reasons on their placings.
The Floriculture team placed fourth as well. In the Floriculture contest, members complete a plant identification test and make a corsage and centerpiece arrangement.
Lastly, the Farm Business Management team placed tenth in the state. During the Farm Business Management contest, members must complete a test on accounting procedures and business structure.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago