SOLAR CAR: Friday, July 18, 2014
Today is Team Check Day with the car and crew required to attend a variety of meetings and race events.
Teams will formally register this afternoon and a group meeting of all solar car racers and advisor/instructors will be held tonight in the ballroom of the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel.
Prior to that a meeting of all safety crew members will be held to go over a long list of strict safety requirements for the car, pit crew, chase vehicles and trailers. The Solar Car Challenge has never had a serious accident involving a solar car and race officials are ticky about safety.
Greg Hollingsworth is the safety officer for the Houston Solar Car. His assistant is Hayden Powell.
A meeting for all navigators will also be held today. Navigators will be given the race schedule and route and told the details of getting their car from Point A to Point B. An error in navigation, especially on the road-race part of the trip costs the team time and race points.
Matthew Hood is the navigator of the Houston Solar Car.
Scrutineering will begin tomorrow at Texas Motor Speedway and will require the team to present their car for a compete engineering examination. The car will also be checked for safety features, measured and weighed.
The team will also have all paperwork check by race officials on Saturday.
A social event for all Solar Car Team will be held at Liberty Christian Academy Saturday night.
Sunday will see the second round of scrutineering and a final check of the race vehicle. Race officials will clear the vehicle for racing in the 2014 Solar Car Challenge at that time.
The Opening Banquet will be held Sunday evening at the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel.
Racing starts at 9 a.m. Monday morning on a closed circuit at the Texas Motor Speedway.
Road racing begins Wednesday from Fort Worth to Waco.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago