Southaven Lady Tigers busy in June
HOUSTON – The Southaven Lady Tigers have been busy in June playing at a high level in their summer travel ball league
These ladies played every weekend in the month of June.
On June 7 and 8 they played four games in Tupelo that were shortened because of the rain on Saturday night. They finished second with Tupelo Express winning tournament by a score of 5-2 over Lady Tigers.
It was then off to Cape Girardeau, Mo., for a June 13-15 tourney, where the Southaven Lady Tigers finished third in the tournament with a record of seven-and-two. They played five games, back to back Sunday to earn a third place finish.
June 20 through 22 saw them in Gallatin, Tenn., where the Southaven Lady Tigers went eight games and to to finish third.
The Lady Tigers won the Mississippi 16U USFA State Tournament in Brandon, July 28-29.
They beat MS Boom 8-1 and Southwest MS Slam 8-2 on Saturday. On Sunday, they lost to Tupelo Express 4-1 and had to face MS Slam again, where they won 2-1.
This set up another meeting with Tupelo Express and Lady Tigers had to beat them twice. They pulled out two victories by scores of 8-5 and 6-3.
The Lady Tigers are coached by Butch Wells, Tom Cummins and Mike Duncan.
The Lady Tigers have one more tournament to play in Knoxville, Tenn., in a couple of weeks.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago