Color For A Cause set for Houston
HOUSTON – The latest way to raise money for charity organizations and have a little fun will run through Houston in August.
The Color For A Cause Run will be held Saturday, Aug. 23 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston with more than a half dozen local and regional organizations set to benefit from a day of color and fun.
“Color runs are sweeping the country and they just held one in Tupelo that was a big success,” said Will Montgomery, Color For A Cause Run Director and a member of the Tourism Committee of the Chickasaw Development Foundation. “The concept is to get people to run a course where they are dusted with color and then take part in a celebration.”
Montgomery said the goal is to raise approximately $1,000 for each charity!
“This run / walk event is a ‘Color Filled Explosion’ Fun Run designed to benefit a range of regional and local charities,” he said. “The proceeds from each person’s registration fee will go to benefit their selected charity of choice. We estimate between $8 – $12 from each registration fee will go to the selected charities.”
The Tupelo color run saw more than 4,000 runners come to town. Montgomery said he hopes to bring 500 runners to Houston and hopes it will become an annual event as people catch-on to the fun.
“Runners will arrive in white and end up looking as if they’ve run through a rainbow.” said Montgomery. “Participants can choose to run the short (1.5 mile) or long course (3.2 mile). This allows more flexibility for parents with kids or adults who may not wish to run the whole course.
Throughout the course are 3 Color Stations that runners can choose to participate in and be blasted by color:
Dance Off Color Station – Runners can perform their favorite dance moves and do the limbo bar.
Gymnastics / Obstacle Course Color Station – Runners can flip, roll, do cartwheels, and complete simple obstacles while color falls from the sky.
Color Angel Color Station – ever made Snow Angels, now runners can make Color Angels. Flap your wings and experience the thrill of basking in pure color awesomeness!
The run will be followed by music, the food court, kid’s games, and the Charity Awards Ceremony.
Current charity partners are:
Yocona Area Council – Boy Scouts of America
Pushmataha Area Council – Boy Scouts of America
Chickasaw County 4-H
Heart of the South Council – Girl Scouts
Boys and Girls Clubs of North MS
Palmer Home for Children
Okolona Community – Dollars for Scholars Program
Chickasaw County Free Health Clinic
Relay for Life – MidSouth Division
Junior Auxiliary of Starkville – Blank Project
We need people to start signing up and we are always looking for businesses, industry or individuals who want to help,” said Montgomery. “This has the potential to be a lot of fun and help a lot of people.”
For more information about Color For A Cause, contact Montgomery at 662-507-1515 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Runners can also visit www.colorforacauserun.com and click the register button.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago