OKOLONA – Charles Wayne Lambert, 66, died at his residence east of Okolona on Friday, June 20, 2014. He was born in Calhoun County on July 6, 1947, to Robert Lambert and Inez Lambert.
A lifelong resident of the Okolona area, he began his working career at Delta Trousers and retired as a truck driver in the furniture industry. He was married for 47 years to Judy Ann Daniel Lambert, who died Oct. 8, 2013.
A private family graveside service will be held on Monday at East Chickasaw Memorial Gardens in Okolona with Bro. Joel Brooks officiating. Friends and extended family may visit at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Monday, June 23. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel is entrusted with arrangements.
Survivors include his mother, Inez Davis Lambert of Okolona; one son, Greg Lambert (Dorinda) of Okolona; and two daughters, Sheila Christian (Stephen) of Okolona and Jennifer Hester (Dusty) of Nettleton; two sisters, Brenda Lambert Whitlock of Okolona and Geraldine Lambert Inmon of Okolona; five grandchildren, Shelby Hester, Carson Christian, Avery and Erin Lambert and Heather Cox; one great-grandchild, Wesley Cox; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, Robert Lambert; his wife, Judy; and two children, Charles Lynn and Melissa Ann.
Pallbearers will be Robbie Lynn Brooks, C.E. Brooks, Phillip Brooks, Wade Whitlock, Dusty Hester and Stephen Christian.
Memorials may be made to the Vasculitis Foundation, P.O. Box 28660, Kansas City, MO 28660.
Condolences may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago