WOODLAND – Minnie Florence Ward Chandler, 87, died Tuesday, June 17, 2014, in Trace Regional Hospital. She was born Oct. 7, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Robert Ward and Dora Gaskin Ward.
She was a member of Woodland Baptist Church.
Visitation service will be from 1 p.m. until service time at 3 p.m. Thursday, June 19, at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Lynn Hughes and John Dendy officiating. Burial will be at Monte Vista Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her three daughters, Ann Culver of Grenada, Barbara Ferguson of Grenada and Patsy Kilgore (Tommy) of Woodland; one son, Jerry Chandler (Beverly) of Woodland; nine grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; a host of great-great-grandchildren; five sisters, Opal Smith of Eupora, Margret Cockrell of Woodland, Stella Hollis of Columbus, Bobbie Harris of Tupelo and Ruth Lancaster of Southhaven; and one brother, Gene Ward of Eupora.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Sebron Curry Chandler; her son, David Chandler; one grandson, Danny Jones; her parents, Robert and Dora Ward; two sisters, Louise Cohea and Ruby Easley; and two brothers, James and Ray Ward.
For online condolences visit, www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago