OKOLONA – Jennifer Ann Jolly Rooker, 49, died Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo following an extended illness. She was born Dec. 14, 1964, in Amory to Clifton Jolly and Beatrice Davis Jolly.
She was a lifelong resident of Okolona and graduated from Okolona High School in 1982. She married Mike Rooker on March 18, 1983, and continued her education at Mississippi State University, receiving a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and Special Education in 2003.
She was employed by the Lee County School System, teaching fifth grade special education at Mooreville Elementary School. Her hobbies included crocheting, scrapbooking, painting, drawing, reading and organizing events. Her greatest joy was her children and grandchildren. She was a member of Pearson Chapel Nazarene Church in Chickasaw County.
A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, June 20, at First Baptist Church, Okolona, with Bro. Robert Fowlkes and Bro. Scott Samuell officiating, and Superintendent Jimmy Weeks delivering personal reflections. Burial will follow in Boone’s Chapel Cemetery. Visitation will be today from 5 to 8:30 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to service time Friday, all at the church. Holland Funeral Directors Okolona Chapel is entrusted with arrangements.
Survivors include her mother, Beatrice Jolly of Okolona; husband, Mike Rooker of Okolona; daughters, Annah Tackett (Daniel) and Meagan Rooker, all of Okolona; sons, Allen Rooker (Courtney) of Saltillo and Micah Rooker of Okolona; five sisters, Charlotte Clouse of Amory, Edith Norwood and Sandra Mize, both of Okolona, Brenda Norris of Tupelo, and Glenda Wence of Minnesota; three grandchildren, Blakeleigh Herndon, Addyson Tackett and Elizabeth Rooker; and a host of nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her father.
Pallbearers will be J.D. Mize, Scott Mize, Brad Mize, Anthony Moss, Nick Weaver and Jimmy Rooker. Honorary pallbearers will be Cliff Norwood, Clint Norwood, Jason Clouse, Jonathan Clouse and Eric Norris.
Memorials may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, P.O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38801. Condolences may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago