For more than 25 years, she was an agent and district coordinator for AFLAC Insurance and previously worked as the Human Resource Manager for Rose Hill Furniture Company. She loved to sing, travel and loved her flower garden. In 1969, she was the State Female Bowling Champion, holding a two-time perfect score of 300. She was known for giving hugs and you could not escape from receiving one. She was a true Southern lady of integrity, grace and beauty who loved her family and friends.
Services will be 1 p.m. Friday, June 13, at Saltillo Chapel of W.E. Pegues with the Rev. Jimmy Bryan officiating. A graveside service will follow in Lee Memorial Park.
Survivors include her husband, Warren Pierce of Saltillo; one son, Tim Rouse (Catherine) of Arlington, Tenn.; three stepsons, Steve (Judie), Jeff and Greg (Kathy); two grandchildren, Jake Rouse and AnnaBeth Rouse; seven stepgrandchildren; niece and caregivers, Sandy McMickin (Terry); and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, Robert Robbins and Johnny Robbins; one sister, Celester Carter; and her first husband, Richard Rouse.
Pallbearers will be Chris Robbins, Bobby Ratliff, Terry McMickin, Zach McMickin, Terry Loar, Bobby Johnson, Tyler Wood and Brennan Mason.
Honorary pallbearers will be John David Robbins, John Aaron Robbins, Mark Harsin, Dusty Prather, Ricky Wood, Dave Manley and James Landry.
Visitation will be 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at W.E. Pegues, Saltillo, and will continue noon to service time Friday.
Memorials may be made in her honor to the favorite charity of the giver’s choice.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago