ONTOTOC – Roselene Johnson died Monday, June 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Sept. 3, 1940, to Virgil and Martha Johnson.
She professed her life in Christ at an early age at Ecru Baptist Church. She attended Pontotoc High School and continued her education at Okolona College, where she received an associates degree in elementary education. She was great at playing basketball. After college she moved to Chicago, where she was employed by American Natura Can Company, retiring after 30 years. After moving back to Mississippi she served as president of the Usher Board at Cherry Creek M.B. Church. She also volunteered with the Nursing Home Ministries, the American Red Cross, and the Hematology and Oncology Outreach at Bridgeport in Tupelo.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 14, at Cherry Creek M.B. Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Serenity-Autry Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by four sons, Dwight (Shae) Johnson of Memphis, Willie (Laurie) Chestnut Jr. of Atlanta, Alvin (Gwendolyn) Chestnut of North Carolina and Ernie Griffin of Atlanta; one daughter, Tessa Griffin of Ecru; three sisters, Sederia Johnson, Sandra (Willie) Showeb and Patricia (James) Bland, all of Racine, Wis.; three brothers, Freddie (Mary) Johnson of Ecru, Henry (Stella) Johnson of Ecru and David (Shirley) Johnson of Memphis; 11 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Martha Johnson; her father, Virgil Johnson; her brother, Eddie Lee Johnson; her sister, Virgiree McGee; and a grandson, Ernie S. Griffin Jr.
There will be no visitation.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago