Houston fishing rodeo is Saturday
The Chickasaw Development Foundation and the Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club will host the first annual Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids with registration starting at 6 a.m.
“The fishing actually starts at 7, but we do require children be registered to qualify for prizes,” said John Walden, CDF Board Chairman. “First, we want this to be a family fun event, but we will be giving away prizes to the best fisherman.”
The tournament is open to anyone under the age of 16 and all fishermen must be accompanied by an adult.
Prizes will be given away for the biggest fish, the largest stringer and the smallest fish. All fish must be taken from Legion Lake by registered tournament anglers between 7 and 10 a.m., June 7.
Winners will have their name and photo taken for publication in the Chickasaw Journal the following Wednesday.
Anglers need to bring their own rods, reels, poles, bait and tackle.
The tournament will be run by the Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club.
“We are urging parents and grandparents to bring their kids out and bring a chair,” said Walden. “We are hoping for good weather and are urging families to wake up and come out for some fishing fun in Houston.”
Walden said the weigh-in will be at 10 a.m. and the tournament should wrap up by 11.
“Legion Lake really is a jewel for this community and the Chickasaw Development Foundation is looking for ways we can promote it and see it improved,” said Walden. “It really is a nice lake and it’s right in the center of town.”
Legion Lake is located on the north side of West Dulaney Street and is easily accessed by turning west off of Highway 15 or North Jackson Street onto First Avenue and then left on 3rd Street.
For details on the Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids call the Chickasaw Development Foundation at 456-2321.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago