WEST POINT – William Harold “Pete” Edwards Jr., DVM, 69, passed away on Sunday, June 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point. He was born on July 13, 1944, to Mary Jean Hardin and William Harold Edwards Sr.
He was the owner of West Point Animal Clinic for many years. He was a member of First Baptist Church of West Point where he served as a deacon. He served on the board for Oak Hill Academy and Clay County Medical Center. He was past president for Mississippi State Veterinarian Association.
Services will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, June 4, at First Baptist Church with the Rev. Dale Funderburg and the Rev. Gary Richardson officiating. A private family burial will be in Bruce City Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Kyle Chandler III, Robert Allen Wilson, Kyle Chandler IV, Rod Childress, Ed Kennedy, Charles Westone Chandler, James C. Helveston, Dr. Ed Miller, Mac Huddleston, Richard Rose. Honorary pallbearers will be Doug Yelverton and Donald Edwards.
He is survived by his wife, Jackie Reese Edwards of West Point; sons, Andy Edwards (Dana) of Oxford, Aaron Edwards (Andrea) of Madison; sisters, Carole Campbell and Pat Mann, both of Bruce; and seven grandchildren, Hunt, Mac, James, Henry, Riley, Drew and Polly.
Memorials may be made to Smile Train, 41 Madison Ave., 28thfloor, New York, NY 10010 or Oak Hill Academy, 808 N Eshman Ave., West point, MS 39773 or First Baptist Church, P.O. Box 794, West Point, MS 39773.
Friends may leave an online condolence at robinsonfh.net.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago