Vardaman graduates challenged to walk into the future
VARDAMAN – Twenty-nine seniors entered the gymnasium of Vardaman High School May 23 and 29 graduates exited the ceremony after moving their tassels after receiving diplomas.
Salutatorian Lori McClain said their graduation day was a tribute to “determination, perseverance and had work.”
McClain addressed her fellow classmates with positive words.
“Every single graduate on this stage has the potential to succeed,” McClain said. “”I believe the future accomplishments of the Class of 14 will be truly amazing. I challenge you all to make your own path.”
Nicole Baecher continued a three-generational chain as Valedictorian of her Vardaman class, following in the footsteps of both her grandmother, Betty Jean Wright, and her mother, Mitzi Wright Baecher.
Baecher admitted she found the ceremony “bittersweet,” but thanked the school board, superintendent, teachers and administration for their support through the years.
“We are leaving you in the best and most capable hands we know,” Baecher said of current students and future graduates of the school.
To her fellow graduates, Baecher said parting would be difficult but all of the graduates would move on to new ventures.
“We did not realize how hard it would be (saying goodbye),” Baecher said. ” pledge ourselves to remember all the true and lofty aims (already set).”
The Class of 2014 included four special honor graduates and three honor graduates. Diplomas were conferred by Principal Porter Casey and assisted by Gary “Boo” Griffin.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago