LISA VOYLES: Lazy, hazy days?
You would be wrong.
I used to think that, too. We spend so much time covering events at and related to our schools that when they shut down for summer we should have a drought of material and events about which to write.
But, no. Summer just gives us an opportunity to catch up with some of the other folks who didn’t get as much coverage through the academic year.
Of course, the traditional sports do carry on through the summer. Most of the area high schools are playing summer baseball and a lot of our tennis players are in summer leagues.
And there’s always Little League and travel ball, not to mention basketball tournaments and football jamborees and 7-on-7 matchups.
But people are all different and enjoy various types of recreation and sports activities. So now’s the time to let us know what you’re doing whether it’s fishing, swimming or playing some type of summer sports.
Your travel team won the tournament?
Send it in.
Your kid caught the biggest fish of his life?
Send it in.
Your dirt bike racer placed first?
Send it in.
Your camper got the blue ribbon in archery? Or your dad hit his first hole-in-one?
Well, you get the point.
Submissions of ideas, stories and photos are always welcome. That’s the beauty of the small-town, weekly newspaper. It’s all about us, all the time.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 456-3771, fax to 456-5202 or drop by 225 East Madison Street in Houston.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago