HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams.
He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance worker. After his retirement he mowed yards as a hobby. He was a wonderful father and grandfather who enjoyed spending time with family and friends. He will be greatly missed.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 29, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston. Bro. J.F. Dancer and Bro. Gerald Gray will officiate. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Houlka.
He is survived by his wife, Helen Williams of Houlka; four children, Eddie (Tammy) Williams, Melissa (Jimmy) Reynolds and Pam (Mike) Huffman, all of Houlka, and Cindy (Jimmy) Williams of West Point; nine grandchildren, Kayla, Lane and Matthew Huffman, Austin Williams, Dixie (Cody) Baldwin, Walker and Samantha Reynolds, John Paul and Kristin Lancaster; one great-grandchild, Ben Baldwin; one sister, Mary Barnett; and one brother, Vernon (Rachel) Williams, all of Houlka.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Robert and Mary Williams; three brothers, Robert, Edgar and Virgil Williams; and three sisters, Mattie Mae Gore, Martha Moss and Dorothy Crowley.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be left at www.southernfuneralchapel.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago