AMORY – Victor Harold “Bubba” “Sonny” Stanford, 78, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence. Born on June 13, 1935, in Amory, he was a son of the late William Archie Stanford Sr. and Jewel Nix Stanford.
He attended Trace Road, Amory and Shannon schools and the University of Mississippi for one year. He honorably served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War and was a member of American Legion Post 25. On Dec. 29, 1960, he married Linda Palmer. He had worked as an R&D developer for Pullman Couch, Action, Townhouse, Avon, Peoplelounger, Prime Design and with Opal Carter. He was a charter member of North Boulevard Christian Church. A competitive and feisty character who had the gift of gab, he enjoyed camping; his job; visiting with coworkers; and playing checkers, pool and Rook.
He is survived by his wife of 53 years, Linda P. Stanford, Amory; daughter, Angie Wright (Lee), Nettleton; sons, Steve Stanford (Cyndi), Smithville, and Randy Stanford (Chrissy), Amory; sisters, Diane Sindle, Biloxi, Nancy Stockton, Amory, and Martha Stegall, Smithville; brothers, Bobby E. Stanford, Amory, and Charles Wayne Stanford, Los Angeles, Calif.; grandchildren, Cindy Long, Amy Tate, Brandi Phillips, Megan Wright, Kym Winders, Matthew Stanford, Brittany Waldrop, Courtney Leveck, Christina Allen and Kevin Stanford; 13 great-grandchildren; and 14 nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brothers, Archie Stanford Jr. and Jack Stanford; a granddaughter, Jennifer Stanford; and a daughter-in-law, Sheila Stanford.
A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 29, at North Boulevard Christian Church with Bro. Buzz Wilkinson and Bro. Ferman Anderson officiating. Burial will follow in Masonic Cemetery. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home of Amory is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers will be Kevin Stanford, Patrick Allen, Nick Waldrop, Isaac Winders, Justin Leveck, Jackie Long, Cory Tate, Matthew Stanford and Nathan Howell.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be given to North Boulevard Christian Church, 1201 N. Boulevard Dr., Amory, MS 38821.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
Action, Allen, American Legion, amory, Anderson, Angie, Avon, Bubba, Harold, Leveck, Long, Navy, Nix, North Boulevard Christian Church, Opal Carter, Palmer, Peoplelounger, Phillips, Prime Design, Pullman, Sindle, Sonny, Stanford, Stegall, Stockton, Tate, Townhouse, veteran, Victor, Victor Harold Stanford, Vietnam, Waldrop, Wilkinson, Winder, Wright
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago