HOUSTON – Daniel L. “Dan” Allen, 89, passed away Sunday, May 25, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness.
He was born in McCondy Community of Chickasaw County on Aug. 23, 1924, to Hal Neal Allen Sr. and Kate Brand Allen. He graduated from McCondy and Egypt Schools. He was a member of Parkway Baptist Church for more than 36 years.
The funeral service will be Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at 11 a.m. at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston with Dr. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial will be in McCondy Baptist Cemetery. Houston Funeral Home in Houston will be in charge of the arrangements.
His wife, Margaret Geraldine Allen, preceded him in death, having passed away Sept. 18, 2012, after an extended illness and accident. They were parents of four children, Neal Allen (Leisa), Tim Allen, Gina Hillhouse (Stacy), and Stacy Pierce (Jeff). They also had 10 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
His father died Aug. 29, 1962. His mother died Feb. 20, 1970. His brother, Hal Allen, died Aug. 14, 1992. His sister, Polly Warner, died Jan. 26, 2008.
He was a World War II veteran inducted into the Army May 8, 1943, at Camp Shelby. He served in the European Operation under the command of the famous Gen. George S. Patton. His unit was awarded several medals including the Unit Citation.
He was founder and operator of Houston Gas Mart for 43-plus years and made several expansions during his time. He and his family were greatly appreciative of the business of the community.
He was a member of the Veterans Organization, serving them as Chickasaw County Veteran Service Officer for several years.
Pallbearers are Eric Pettit, Justin Allen, Jordan Allen, Brandon Allen, Billy Voyles and Steve Warner. Honorary pallbearers are his Sunday School class, Wilson Kirby and Eddie Neal.
Memorials may be made to Parkway Baptist Church Building Fund, P.O. Box 574, Houston, MS 38851.
Visitation will be Monday, May 26, 2014, at Parkway Baptist Church from 5 until 8 p.m.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message on the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago