Teen injured in three vehicle wreck
Sgt. Criss Turnipseed, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol said initial reports indicate the 17-year-old Fulton resident pulled her Pontiac G6 into the path of a northbound 18-wheeler at the intersection east of Houlka. When the semi driver hit the Pontiac it pushed it into a third vehicle also approaching the intersection.
Turnipseed did not give the name of the 17-year-old.
“The three vehicle accident happened at Highway 15 and Highway 32 around 3 p.m., (Tuesday) the 13th,” said Turnipseed. “A MDOT International 18-wheeler hauling an asphalt paver was heading north on 15, driven by Thomas Gray, 50, of Water Valley. A Pontiac G6 was traveling west on Hwy 32 driven by a 17-year-old female from Fulton. There was also a Hyundai SUV driven by 49-year-old Demetrice Dockery of Cordova Tenn., traveling south on 15.”
The accident blocked traffic for almost an hour while the teenager was extracted from the vehicle by emergency response teams using the jaws of life.
The teenager was transported to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The drivers of the other two vehicles and a passenger in the MDOT truck, Bernarda Sandridge, 53, of Sardis, were not seriously injured.
“The Pontiac ran the stop sign on 32 and was hit in the right side by the 18 wheeler,” said Turnipseed. “The Pontiac was knocked into the south-bound Hyundai.”
Turnipseed said there were no charges filed and everyone was restrained.
Turnipseed said the accident was under investigation as of Thurday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago