Houston, Okolona airports to be improved
JACKSON (AP) – The Federal Aviation Administration is giving 14 Mississippi airports a total of more than $4.8 million to improve safety and operations.
Houston will see an airplane hanger built and Okolona will see improvements to the terminal building.
Airports at Bay St. Louis, Belzoni, Belmont, Clarksdale, Columbia, Columbus, Corinth, the Golden Triangle, Grenada, Lexington, Madison and Starkville are also getting the Airport Improvement Program grants.
The largest is $1 million to Golden Triangle Regional Airport, which serves Columbus, West Point, Starkville and Lowndes County. The money will be used to improve the terminal building and repair the runway and taxiway.
The George M. Bryan Airport in Starkville is getting $540,000 for runway safety area improvements
Fletcher Field Airport, serving Clarksdale and Coahoma County is getting $531,750 for taxiway construction.
The funding was announced in a news release this past week by U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss., who is also running for re-election in party primaries this spring.
The grants are used to support infrastructure development projects that will improve operational safety and efficiency at local airport facilities, Cochran said.
Other airport grants from the FAA were:
• Bruce Campbell Field Airport, Madison, $404,574 for access road, taxiway and apron construction.
• Columbia-Marion County Airport, Columbia, $335,160 for obstruction removal and land acquisition for approaches.
• Okolona Municipal-Richard Stovall Field Airport, Okolona, $311,385 for terminal construction and technical infrastructure improvements.
• Columbus-Lowndes County Airport, Columbus, $266,526 to improve airport drainage.
• Roscoe Turner Airport, Corinth, $263,019 for taxiway rehabilitation.
• Stennis International Airport, Bay St. Louis, $235,053 for perimeter fencing installation.
• Belzoni Municipal Airport, Belzoni, $230,288 for taxiway construction.
• C.A. Moore Airport, Lexington, $201,305 for erosion control.
• Tishomingo County Airport, Belmont, $197,865 for obstruction removal and runway safety area improvements.
• Grenada Municipal Airport, Grenada, $150,010 for apron rehabilitation.
• Houston Municipal Airport, Houston, $150,000 for hangar construction.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago