2014 alligator seasons announced
The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks finalized regulations for the 2014 alligator hunting season on public waters and private lands in Mississippi and the statewide public waters season will include opportunities in specific public waterways.
A total of 920 permits will be available within seven hunting zones across the state for the 10-day season, August 29 – September 8. Permits are allocated to applicants in each hunting zone through a computerized drawing.
Applications for the permit drawing are required to be submitted electronically through the MDWFP website from June 2 – 9. Legal applicants are residents of Mississippi, at least 16 years of age who possess a valid Mississippi hunting license. Selected applicants must attend a mandatory training course to meet licensing requirements.
In 2013, over 6,700 residents submitted over 25,000 zone applications for 920 available permits; 671 alligators were harvested.
A private lands alligator hunting season is available to landowners whose properties meet specific qualifications within 28 open counties. Applications and instructions for private lands permits are available online in June and must be submitted by July 1.
For more information regarding alligator hunting rules and regulations, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/alligator or call us at 601-432-2199
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago