C.G. “Cap” Gaston
He was a Baptist minister, teacher, coach and principal in Calhoun, Pontotoc, Lafayette, Chickasaw, Carroll, Clay and Quitman counties. He graduated with a B.A. degree and a master’s degree from the University of Mississippi. He retired after 32 years. He was a much-loved husband, daddy and granddaddy.
He is survived by his wife of 50 years, Lou Russell Gaston of Thaxton, his only child, Susanne Wade (Barney) of Bentley near Calhoun City; granddaughter, Karlie Susan Wade, and grandson, Clay Russell Wade of Calhoun City; sister, Mary Nell Scarbrough; niece, Ramona Howe (Charles) Howe, all of Calhoun City; his mother-in-law, Marie Morris Russell; and four brothers-in-law, Gerald, Freddy, Billy and Bobby Russell, all of Thaxton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. C.G. Gaston Sr.; a brother-in-law, Jimmy Scarbrough; a neice, Jimmy Nell Inmon; two sisters-in-law, Mona and Betty Russell; and his father-in-law, Clay Russell.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday, May 18, at Bethlehem Church in Bentley. Services will be at 2 p.m. with Bro. Howard Green and Bro. Jimmy Vance officiating. A burial service will be at 5 p.m. Sunday at Union Nazarene Church.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Fence Fund at Union Nazarene Cemetery. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/djournal/obituary.aspx?n=cg-gaston-cap&pid=171048043&fhid=21395#sthash.OON8y9mu.dpuf
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago