Getting set for the season
The Hilltoppers are back on the gridiron, working in spring practice and getting their feet under them for a new fall campaign and coach William Cook said things have been going smoothly.
“It’s looking good,” Cook said.”Their off-season conditioning is working and in practice they’re working hard. That’s all you can ask for.”
The Toppers will field another young team with the loss of nine seniors at graduation, “but those younger players have a year of experience under their belt,” Cook added.
Currently, they are working without several members who are in playoffs with baseball, but that just opens up more opportunities to gain extra work.
“It gives some of the other guys a chance to get extra reps,” Cook said.
Hitting the field
The Toppers will be in action Thursday in Shannon as they participate in a spring jamboree with the Red Raiders and New Albany.
There will be abbreviated time for JV and varsity will play two full quarters each of offense and defense without the kicking game.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago