LISA VOYLES: Another day older
And you know how the rest of the song goes. If you don’t, you’re too young to be reading this column anyway.
Yep, I passed another milestone, one more birthday. Birthdays don’t bother me anymore. I’m actually pretty proud I made it this far and am looking forward to more.
I did have one very traumatic birthday way back in my past.
For some reason, when I turned 25 it hit me hard. I guess I realized my playtime was over and I was now entering adulthood – ready or not. I realize some of you out there reached that point several years earlier than 25 but I just wasn’t ready to accept the fact that I was grown. Reality did it for me and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I had feared.
And thanks to everyone who sent me birthday messages. It’s really nice to know people are thinking of you with love and kindness.
In truth, I had two holidays in a row as Sunday was Mother’s day. Cody grilled for mama and me and we had a very nice, relaxing afternoon and evening. We laughed and joked and I listened to him practice guitar all evening. He’s working on some praise songs so that was a good Mom event, too.
Between Mother’s day and my birthday I realized I’m pretty content in my life. No, not everthing is perfect all the time and I’m sure there are improvements that could be made. But overall, I’m more blessed than anything else.
And that’s not a bad way to be.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago