Hebron celebrates graduation
PHEBA – The 13 Hebron Christian School graduates have been taught for 12 years how to read, write and do arithmetic and they were challenged Friday night to make their world a better place for all.
Ceremonies held at the school gymnasium saw Valedictorian Craig Wade, Salutatorian Subrina Oswalt and Hebron School Trustee Victor Horn all urge the class to take the knowledge and skills they learned at Hebron and use those talents to change the world.
“This is a great school and as I leave I want to challenge this class to stay focused on what they have and what they can do,” said Valedictorian Wade. “We will all cherish the memories we made here for a lifetime.”
Wade urged classmates and the community to trust in the Lord, rely on friends and do the best they can to make a difference in their home, profession and the world.
“We are here for a purpose – God’s purpose – and we need to follow His guidance,” said Wade. “I want to thank the teachers, administration, communities and families for holding up that example for us.”
Salutatorian Oswalt said Hebron has always been a place for family.
“What we see around us tonight is family,” said Oswalt. “It is about being part of something larger than ourselves. This is not just a school, it is a home.”
Dr. Victor Horn gave the charge to graduates.
“These are exciting times for all of you Seniors,” said Horn. “Can we truly change the world? The only real change comes from our Heavenly Father.”
Horn then pointed out that change only comes through prayer and service.
“You have gotten a good foundation at Hebron,” said Horn. “You will now make a lot of choices in your life. Some of them will be good and you will make some mistakes, too.
“Your lives will change a lot in the next few years, but please remember the only thing that does not change is God,” said Horn. “He loves you and he will not leave you, no matter what comes in your life.”
The invocation at Friday’s commencement was given by Alaina Hill and Hayden Carty and Troy Arnold led the audience in singing “To God Be The Glory.” The welcome was given by Joey Ard and the benediction was given by Justin Shinn.
Ard, Arnold, Carty, Hill, Oswalt, Shinn and Wade were recognized as 2014 Honor Graduates.
A video of each graduate were presented during the ceremony.
Diplomas were presented by Headmaster Jonathan Harper and Davis Foster.
Graduates were treated to refreshments after the ceremony by the Ladies of Hebron Baptist Church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Slim dollars, opportunities for lazy Americans May 21, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago