The Wolverines clinched division, earned a bye and gained an extra week before entering playoffs but they made a strong showing when they got started May 1. The Wolverines shut out East Union, 10-0, to take a lead in the series with Derek Jones getting the win on the mound. Jones helped himself with multiple hits including a double and John Wofford Williams and Chase Keller also recorded multiple hits in the effort. The win put the Wolverines on the road Friday where things didn’t go their way. “We went to East Union a little flat,” said coach Wes Johnson of the Wolverines 4-8 loss to the Urchins. “They have a good team and we didn’t play well there.” The loss set up a must-win situation for the Wolves on Saturday and they responded with an 8-3 win to advance to the next round. “I’m proud of the way our guys stepped up Saturday with a freshman (Cody Boland) on the mound,” Johnson said. “He did a great job and we gave him enough support to survive.” The Wolverines will be back in action Friday hosting Mantachie at 6 p.m. and Game Two will be played Saturday at 2 p.m. on the road. If a third game is needed, it will be played Monday at 7 p.m. in Cumberland. Lady Wolves sweep Lady Mustangs The Lady Wolverines made short work of the Mantachie Lady Mustangs in their first round of playoffs, besting them 9-0, 12-5, to advance to the second round. The East Webster girls zipped through their series with Baldwyn, sweeping the Lady Bearcats, 10-1, 9-5. The Lady Woverines will take on Hatley for the North Half title.
Wolves, ladies still on playoff road
About Lisa Voyles
- Aldermen approve water meter bonds March 20, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago