Wolves, ladies still on playoff road
The Wolverines clinched division, earned a bye and gained an extra week before entering playoffs but they made a strong showing when they got started May 1. The Wolverines shut out East Union, 10-0, to take a lead in the series with Derek Jones getting the win on the mound. Jones helped himself with multiple hits including a double and John Wofford Williams and Chase Keller also recorded multiple hits in the effort. The win put the Wolverines on the road Friday where things didn’t go their way. “We went to East Union a little flat,” said coach Wes Johnson of the Wolverines 4-8 loss to the Urchins. “They have a good team and we didn’t play well there.” The loss set up a must-win situation for the Wolves on Saturday and they responded with an 8-3 win to advance to the next round. “I’m proud of the way our guys stepped up Saturday with a freshman (Cody Boland) on the mound,” Johnson said. “He did a great job and we gave him enough support to survive.” The Wolverines will be back in action Friday hosting Mantachie at 6 p.m. and Game Two will be played Saturday at 2 p.m. on the road. If a third game is needed, it will be played Monday at 7 p.m. in Cumberland. Lady Wolves sweep Lady Mustangs The Lady Wolverines made short work of the Mantachie Lady Mustangs in their first round of playoffs, besting them 9-0, 12-5, to advance to the second round. The East Webster girls zipped through their series with Baldwyn, sweeping the Lady Bearcats, 10-1, 9-5. The Lady Woverines will take on Hatley for the North Half title.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago