LISA VOYLES: A great day to graduate
Hebron Christian School will kick things off this Friday followed by Okolona, Vardaman, Houston and Houlka.
I love graduations. All those bright, shining faces, wide smiles and wide-open dreams running around the heads of our youth – it just rejuvenates me.
Seriously, I soak in all that positivity and hope for the future and carry it with me just in case I need an extra dose later in the year.
And usually I do.
Mixed in with the hoopla of graduation are sports playoffs and we have a lot to celebrate again this year.
In our coverage area, we’ve watched tennis players, golfers, baseball and softball teams moving through successful seasons and into post-season play.
Although I know everyone can’t win, I wish they all could.
In the midst of all the high school graduations coming our way, I have two more that are special to me on a personal level.
My nephew, Max, is due to graduate basic training in the United States Navy on June 6.
His cousin, and longtime “partner in crime,” Jake Cameron, will graduate from the University of Mississippi this Saturday.
I’ve watched those two grow up together, goofing around and entertaining the whole family. I hate to think I’m losing them as kids, but I’m glad to know we are repopulating our adult world with people like them.
Congratulations to all of our area graduates of any level of training or academic institution. You’ve worked hard and earned our respect.
We’re proud of you all.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago