WEST POINT – Harper Bowen Orman, 8, passed away on Thursday, May 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point. He was born on March 23, 2006, in West Point.
He is survived by his mother, Brooke Bowen Orman of West Point; his father, Manuel Orman of West Point; his grandparents, Howard “”Bud”” and Betty Bowen of West Point, Dot Ware of West Point; brothers, Jake Orman of Huntsville, Texas, Cooper Orman of West Point; sister, Caroline Eaves of West Point; aunts, Joy Posey (Hal) and Demetra Logan, both of West Point; and uncles, Donald Ware Jr. of Ocean Springs, Mark Orman of West Point, Rodney McKnight of Starkville, and Ronald McKnight of Memphis.
He was preceded in death by his grandfathers, Charles Orman Sr. and Donald Ware.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today, May 3, at First Baptist Church in West Point with the Rev. Dale Funderburg, the Rev. Jeff Shannon and the Rev. Wayne Mathis officiating. Burial will follow in Odd Fellows Rest Cemetery in Aberdeen. Robinson Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers will be the West Point Green Wave coaching staff. Honorary pallbearers are Dr. Richard Boyt, Dr. Timmothy Whittle, Dr. Keith Watson, Dr. David Hill, Dr. Archie Cachola, staff at Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital, staff at NMMC-West Point, Priority Health Care and staff.
Visitation will be from noon until 2 today at the church.
Memorials may be made to Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital, 2500 N State St., Jackson, MS 39216.
Friends may leave an online condolence at robinsonfh.net. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/djournal/obituary.aspx?n=harper-bowen-orman&pid=170898125&fhid=26080#sthash.9vFySLH9.dpuf
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago