HOUSTON – Charles Edward Below, 70, died Wednesday, April 30, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. A native of Houston, he was the son of William Henry and Bettie Below. He was a member of Norton Spring CME Church in Houston and a member of the Spiritual Harmoneers. He loved fishing, singing, gardening and building things.
A celebration of life services will be 1 p.m. Monday, May 5, at Alpha and Omega Transformational Ministries in Houston. Elder William Davis will deliver the eulogy. Burial will be in Norton Spring Cemetery. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by three daughters, Mitzi Below of Pontotoc and Shalynda Below and Davita Below, both of Water Valley; two sons, Charles Anthonthy ( Frances) Below of Houlka and Min. Christopher (Katrena) Hatchett of Tupelo; four sisters, Pearlean (Lester) Davis of Houlka, Mablean Thompson of Memphis, Oberia Foster of Charlotte, N.C. and Barbara Rucker of Rochester Hills, Mich.; five brothers, Ira Below, Joel (Mattie) Below, James (Mildred) Evans and Johnny (Mary) Evans, all of Houston and N.B. (Mary) Carter of Sparta; and eight grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 1 to 6 p.m. with family hour from 6 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago