Winston County releases list of local victims
LOUISVILLE (AP) – Winston County’s five female and four male tornado victims ranged in age from 31 to 85.
County Coroner Scott Gregory released the names Thursday after the bodies sent to local funeral homes. Gregory said that all of the victims suffered multiple trauma, and it’s hard to pinpoint a single cause of death for any.
“Some were found in rubble, some were blown into open areas,” said Gregory, who has been the coroner since 2004. “I’ve never seen anything quite like it.”
Four were injured either at the Eiland Plaza apartments or in a neighboring subdivision on the south end of Louisville.
Two of the dead, Terri Tucker and Sean Fowler, have been described as the parents of the missing 8-year-old boy for whom officials are still searching. The parents were found more than a half-mile from their home near Mississippi Highway 392 in an area of splintered pine trees and debris.
“The area has been searched and searched again,” said Buddy King, Winston County Emergency Management Director.
King said the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks is using GPS technology to conduct a precise search. He said cadaver dogs also have been used to search for the boy but have not found anything.
King said there’s a chance the child was blown farther away.
The death toll remained at 12 Wednesday, with dozens of injuries reported for hundreds of miles stretching across the state.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago