Rev. David Ching earns Master’s of Divinity
HOUSTON – Rev. David W. Ching, an ordained elder of the Church of the Nazarene, graduated from Northwest Nazarene University and received his Master’s of Divinity degree on April 13.
Ching, of Houston, received his degree during special ceremonies that Sunday, at the Fellowship Church of the Nazarene.
The graduation ceremony was presented by Dr. Jay Akkerman Co-Director of Theological Studies at Northwest Nazarene University. Dr. Akkerman was flown to Mississippi to hold the ceremony due to Rev. Ching’s battle with Stage 4 lung cancer and being unable to travel to graduation with his class in May.
NNU is a place of belonging and took great strides in honoring David for this achievement during such times of illness, chemotherapy and other treatments.
“We all must face storms in our lives, but we do not have to face them alone if we allow God to have our backs.” said Ching. “Even in the worst storm, God will bring peace and strength if we allow him to.”
Rev. Ching was also presented with a letter of Proclamation from the Robert L. Henry, Mayor of Nampa, Idaho, for his accomplishments in the face of Stage 4 cancer.
David is a 1983 graduate of Union Academy, in Georgetown, Miss., and is the son of Barbara and Nathan Ching of Crystal Springs.
He received his Bachelor’s Degree in 2009 from Nazarene Bible College and his first Master’s Degree from Northwest Nazarene in 2012.
In 2012, David also received the distinction of Alumni of the Year of Nazarene Bible College and was presented the award by Dr. Harold Graves.
David plans to continue his education in the doctorate program at Nazarene Theological Seminary in 2015.
Northwest Nazarene University, a nonprofit Christian university, and offers over 60 areas of study, master’s degree programs in eleven disciplines, accelerated degree programs, concurrent credit for high school students, and a variety of continuing education credits. In addition to its 90-acre campus located in Nampa, the University also offers programs online.
Founded in 1913, the university now serves over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, more than 6,000 continuing education students, and 2,300 high school students through the concurrent credit program.
The mission of Northwest Nazarene University is to encourage a habit of mind that enables each student to become God’s creative and redemptive agent in today’s world.
NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and has been rated by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top masters-level universities in the west as well as recently featured in the Princeton Review’s Book The Best Western Colleges.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago